Premed 101 Forums

Late start date??

Hi everyone, the McGill website says their application for 2012-2013 cycle doesn't open until September 1st! Is it just me or is that a little late? Will there be enough time to get the application completed by November 1 (which I believe is the due date)?

And if this is the case, for those of you who have applied to McGill in the past, did you start your application before September 1? I saw on the website that they require a personal narrative, so for example did you start writing that in advance?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Hi everyone, the McGill website says their application for 2012-2013 cycle doesn't open until September 1st! Is it just me or is that a little late? Will there be enough time to get the application completed by November 1 (which I believe is the due date)?

And if this is the case, for those of you who have applied to McGill in the past, did you start your application before September 1? I saw on the website that they require a personal narrative, so for example did you start writing that in advance?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Hi Cracklebrite,

Nov 1 st is the date to apply through one system called Minerva and the supporting documents are to be uploaded through another system called MedOAS which are due on nov 15th. these docs include everthing from your trascripts, ref letters, letter of intent etc... These dates were for the last year but make sure its the case this year as well.

Hope it helped.

Good luck!

Philosophy

Thanks philosophy, can you please clarify one thing? The McGill website states that the application opens September 1, not November 1st (I found this on the website just yesterday but for the life of me can't find it again...if anyone has a link can you please direct me? :) ).

So would I open an account with Minerva and MedOAS by September 1, and then have it all submitted to Minerva by November 1 and to MedOAS by November 15th?

Thanks so much for your time and help :)

I think that's what you stumbled upon.

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/admissions/applying/elements

Where it says :

"We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2012. Applications for 2013 will open in September 2012. Instructions on how to apply, including new or changed processes or requirements, will be posted by the end of July 2012. Thank you for your understanding.

Errata: Will be updated at the end of July 2012"

Here is the rest of the important dates:

Application deadline: November 1, 2012

Submission deadline: November 15, 2012

Target date for sending preliminary selections: January 31, 2013

Interview dates: February 25, 26, 27, 2013

I think that's what you stumbled upon.

http://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/admissions/applying/elements

Where it says :

"We are no longer accepting applications for Fall 2012. Applications for 2013 will open in September 2012. Instructions on how to apply, including new or changed processes or requirements, will be posted by the end of July 2012. Thank you for your understanding.

Errata: Will be updated at the end of July 2012"

Here is the rest of the important dates:

Application deadline: November 1, 2012

Submission deadline: November 15, 2012

Target date for sending preliminary selections: January 31, 2013

Interview dates: February 25, 26, 27, 2013

Thanks! I'll bookmark that link right now for future reference.

Archived