Premed 101 Forums

UofT

How about you refrain from spewing totally misleading things based on what your friends said who may have been trying to deny the fact that their university is easier, just for the ego.

Your anger against me LOL just makes it obvious that you are just trying to find excuses for yourself...

I agree with FutureDoc 100%, and I had 95+% high school average and came in with 3 transfer credits (although 4 APs), 2330 SATII. High school was the biggest joke in the world to me.

Okay, cool story? Also hate to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure the SATII is out of 800...

I'm doing undergrad here and I have hundreds of friends here, unlike you and your "many many" friends.

Maybe you just made friends with the dumb people... The people I know who made it all had a great time living in Toronto while getting the marks they needed.

The rest of your posts I won't waste your time on... clearly your high school did a poor job of teaching you how to properly communicate concisely in English. My point isn't to waste time arguing over the internet with people like you, but to do a small public service to tell high schoolers that at least there are two sides to the story, and you spewing your angst and academic life story exactly proved my point - the minority of loudmouths who go to U of T and constantly bash it all the time are just trying to find excuses for their own mistakes. You most likely probably would have gotten a **** GPA even if you had gone to York anyways.

From what you've posted in this thread and elsewhere, it seems you had a really good experience at your undergrad school (I won't ask you to name it, since it seems you'e danced carefully around actually stating what school.) It seems like students from many maritime universities have similar things to say, even my parents who went to Mount A, so I'm hoping my experience will be as good at UPEI. :)

I did! I'm sure I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'll just say that it's across the Bay from Mount A to retain an air of enigma and mystery. ;)

When I graduated high school, though, I wanted to go to UofT but I didn't get enough scholarship money to make it feasible. But my life wouldve been very different had I gone that route. Not that it ultimately would have made much difference to my debtload *now*... :(

I did! I'm sure I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'll just say that it's across the Bay from Mount A to retain an air of enigma and mystery. ;)

When I graduated high school, though, I wanted to go to UofT but I didn't get enough scholarship money to make it feasible. But my life wouldve been very different had I gone that route. Not that it ultimately would have made much difference to my debtload *now*... :(

I was originally accepted to U of O out of high school and had to leave before my first semester had really gotten rolling because of finances. The premed culture (if one can call it that) there was... rabid. At least in 2005, hah. I'm hopeful for a less competitive atmosphere here, considering there's more prevets than premeds.

Lots of people gunning for med from U of O, at least in my year. Almost everyone I know of that applied got in somewhere though, which is pretty awesome.

That is pretty awesome. My school's career counsellor tells me they have a pretty good rate of applicants getting in, which makes sense as we have a huge advantage being here in PEI (10 spots reserved for us at Dal and MUN - combined - with a very, very small applicant pool.)

I know a lot of people who've gotten into med from lifesci @ UofT (many of whom got in after 3rd year). They loved their undergrad experience.

I know, right? It's unfortunate that a minority of losers are out there to give U of T a false rep as some sort of apologetic self-validation.

Archived