Premed 101 Forums

How many times a day do you brush your teeth ?

MCATwannabe

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

• ZERO. My teeth have auto-cleaning abilities.
    • Once.
    • Twice.
    • Three times.
    • Four Times.
    • After eating anything.
    • There is a tooth-brush in my mouth all day. Even just now as I type this.
    • I don't have teeth/ I have dentures.

The last option should include implants. I know a few people who got a mouthful of implants instead of dentures, and I'll probably be going that way within a decade or so. Due to a genetic defect, I have very little enamel (hypoplasia of enamel) and my teeth keep fracturing and don't respond well to treatment, so at the rate I'm going I won't have any natural teeth left by the time I'm in my 40s.

I'm going for implants, the Cadillac of fake teeth. :D

I usually brush twice a day, three if I remember. I'm not as cautious about it as I should be.

Is it really necessary/any more advantageous to brush after eating ANYTHING? I've read numerous times that twice a day would suffice (occasionally 3 times if you prefer to brush after every meal). Dentists also suggest 2-3 times/day.

I'm curious about that myself. Toothpaste is abrasive, that's why it works. Would waiting a few more hours to brush do more damage than the extra exposure to toothpaste? (not asking this directly of you, just in a general sense.)

I'm curious about that myself. Toothpaste is abrasive, that's why it works. Would waiting a few more hours to brush do more damage than the extra exposure to toothpaste? (not asking this directly of you, just in a general sense.)

actually toothpaste on its own is not as abrasive as the toothbrush interface with teeth, hence the term "toothbrush abrasion"...thats why learning to brush properly is important..rather than a scrubbing motion, its highly recommended to flick the brush along the teeth...it takes more time but is the better way.

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit something folks.

I ran the same poll in the American Student Doctor Network:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=932269

Apparently more Americans brush their teeth 2+ time/day, but more Americans also don't brush at all.

Interesting demographics.

I must say though I posted that question in the Dental forum that belongs to DDS/DMD students in U.S. While here it was moved to the Lounge.

So good job Canada.

Archived