Premed 101 Forums

When do we find out our aGPA?

Is there a way we can confirm that UBC calculates our aGPA correctly? For UofC applicants, they see a final GPA calculated by the school in the online application systems before the deadline. Does UBC do this too? Or you can only find out your aGPA when you get your regret email?

Thanks!

Is there a way we can confirm that UBC calculates our aGPA correctly? For UofC applicants, they see a final GPA calculated by the school in the online application systems before the deadline. Does UBC do this too? Or you can only find out your aGPA when you get your regret email?

Thanks!

You'll only find out aGPA with a regrets.

This, I believe, can be seen via the OAS.

PS here is a link to the UBC med school blog. If after receiving your scores you believe there was an error, UBC encourages you to inform them:

http://admissionsblog.med.ubc.ca/2011/11/15/faqs-for-applicants-not-invited-for-interview/

Put all of your grades in an excel file and calculate your average by multiplying the course's percentage by the amount of credits it is, sum all of those numbers and divide by the total amount of credits. This will give you a correct, weighted average. Then, cut out the cells that your worst year consists of. Done.

Thanks!

You won't be able to get your academic score until regrets come - or late in the summe if you get acccepted, but who care then!

My GPA hasn't changed for a couple years and my AQ has changed quite a bit every year, FYI. I'm sure that others can attest to that as well from hearing about it on last year's posts.

You won't be able to get your academic score until regrets come - or late in the summe if you get acccepted, but who care then!

My GPA hasn't changed for a couple years and my AQ has changed quite a bit every year, FYI. I'm sure that others can attest to that as well from hearing about it on last year's posts.

Interesting. Did your AQ improve or got worse over the years?

Archived