Premed 101 Forums

unclassified ,difficulties in getting courses

hi

i received my admission for non-degree studies as an unclassified student,

i want to take pre requisites for medical and dentistry schools.

my registration is on 27 , but i can create work list and check the courses' availability . the problem is that any course i fine is either full, restricted or at best wait listed. if this is the case , how can i do the registration on 27 , when all of them are full by now.

is there any chance for an unclassified student to take any courses at all, because it seems we are the last group in the registration date.

what should i do? i have got another admission from trinity western where i can get all courses easily , but it is pretty much expensive there , now i afraid i wait till 27 and i couldn't get a single course by then.:(

Thanks in advance for your advice

Hey,

I'm also an unclassified student. What I do normally is talk to the prof to grant permission into their class. Just show up on the first day of classes and explain your situation and normally it works out well.

Another note, keep an eye on UBC SSC in the first couple weeks of school as people will be dropping out of classes.

Hey,

I'm also an unclassified student. What I do normally is talk to the prof to grant permission into their class. Just show up on the first day of classes and explain your situation and normally it works out well.

Another note, keep an eye on UBC SSC in the first couple weeks of school as people will be dropping out of classes.

Thanks for your answer

when i want to register for some science courses, i receive the message that some level 12 courses required. due to the fact that i am unclassified and they dont have any record of my high school transcripts, is there going to be a problem for registering a course or even asking the prof. did you have any problem regarding pre requisites for science courses.

i add one sample note i receive on ssc:

"PHYS 100 10W :- Principles of Mathematics 12 or Pre-calculus 12 is required; Physics 11 is required for first-year students, strongly recommended for others. Students with credit for Physics 12 may not obtain credit for this course."

thanks again

Archived