Premed 101 Forums

Saw this in my uwo inbox, Laughed So hard and thought it was apt for all of us at Western pursuing meds.

Tuesday's Brand Tip - Using the School name

We all know that the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry is a complex organization. Thankfully, writing out the School's name is simpler. There are a few tips to assist you.

When you first use the name of the School use: Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. For any subsequent references in the same document, use: Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, or the School . And yes, there should be a capital S on the word school when referring to Schulich Medicine & Dentistry.

Unfortunately referring to the School as just 'Schulich' is never acceptable. By using Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, we set our School apart from other 'Schulich Schools' across Canada. Other no-nos for naming include the short form SSMD, Schulich School of Dentistry, Schulich School of Medicine, and Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry. These are not acceptable in any form of communication. If you have any questions contact Jasmin Neil .

Damn! I wasn't a big advocate for the brand change as it was now they feel the need to drill the useless nomenclature through..makes me wonder...

who else haven't gotten this email? among class of 2016 that is

Saw this in my uwo inbox, Laughed So hard and thought it was apt for all of us at Western pursuing meds.

Tuesday's Brand Tip - Using the School name

We all know that the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry is a complex organization. Thankfully, writing out the School's name is simpler. There are a few tips to assist you.

When you first use the name of the School use: Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry. For any subsequent references in the same document, use: Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, or the School . And yes, there should be a capital S on the word school when referring to Schulich Medicine & Dentistry.

Unfortunately referring to the School as just 'Schulich' is never acceptable. By using Schulich Medicine & Dentistry, we set our School apart from other 'Schulich Schools' across Canada. Other no-nos for naming include the short form SSMD, Schulich School of Dentistry, Schulich School of Medicine, and Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry. These are not acceptable in any form of communication. If you have any questions contact Jasmin Neil .

Damn! I wasn't a big advocate for the brand change as it was now they feel the need to drill the useless nomenclature through..makes me wonder...

Archived