Premed 101 Forums

Add courses you have yet to take to OMSAS?

Hi,

Lets say I'm are applying in the summer after 3rd year. Does OMSAS require me to input classes I am registered for (but have not yet taken) in my 4th year?

My worry is that in my first 3 years of university, I did not take any humanities/social science courses, but I am registered to take 3 humanities courses in my 4th year. Am I out of the running because I did not take any humanities in my first 3 years? Or will it be okay if I fulfill it in my 4th year?

Thanks guys

Hi,

Lets say I'm are applying in the summer after 3rd year. Does OMSAS require me to input classes I am registered for (but have not yet taken) in my 4th year?

My worry is that in my first 3 years of university, I did not take any humanities/social science courses, but I am registered to take 3 humanities courses in my 4th year. Am I out of the running because I did not take any humanities in my first 3 years? Or will it be okay if I fulfill it in my 4th year?

Thanks guys

You will be fine as long as you fulfill it in your 4th year. But do note that if you drop these humanities courses during your 4th year, the adcoms have a right to revoke your acceptance.

As far as I can recall, OMSAS doesn't ask for current courses. But remember, you're also sending your transcript to OMSAS so schools can see what courses you're currently registered for (and schools that require it will see you'll have a humanities credit at the end of the year).

To the OP - it's ok to take these courses during the year you are applying. Also, you don't need to list courses you are going to take on OMSAS BUT for some schools like Ottawa, they will ask you to list the courses that you have taken to satisfy their prerequisites and since they require one full year in the humanities/social sciences, you can just state "in progress" when you're applying.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

just wondering where you put summer school in the academic record section for reporting your grades? like, if you just took a course or two in the summer, what do you do with that? is it "year in which course was taken" and then "supplementary" or what? thanks a bundle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lolz.

Archived