Premed 101 Forums

Fast way to get high school pre-reqs?

nosuperman

Hey guys - I have a friend who has completed an undergrad and is applying all over to both 4 year and 2 year programs.

She has the pre-reqs for the compressed programs (Anatomy, Phys, Stats, etc.) with all A's but she lacks the high school credits needed for the 4 year programs. So she's got several years worth of university biology, for example, with no grade 12 biology.

My two questions:

1. Do you think this would make her ineligible? (she's meeting with some people to find out officially but I'm interested if you guys know anything about this too)

2. Is there a quicker way to get these highschool credits? Like an online equivalent or something? It'd suck to have to do a full year of high school after completing 4 years of university including many science courses.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Hey guys - I have a friend who has completed an undergrad and is applying all over to both 4 year and 2 year programs.

She has the pre-reqs for the compressed programs (Anatomy, Phys, Stats, etc.) with all A's but she lacks the high school credits needed for the 4 year programs. So she's got several years worth of university biology, for example, with no grade 12 biology.

My two questions:

1. Do you think this would make her ineligible? (she's meeting with some people to find out officially but I'm interested if you guys know anything about this too)

2. Is there a quicker way to get these highschool credits? Like an online equivalent or something? It'd suck to have to do a full year of high school after completing 4 years of university including many science courses.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

As you say she should definitely speak with the admissions office or an advisor in the program to know for sure. I know some universities have pre university level science courses and she should ask if this is an option - she could take these while starting the program if possible. Otherwise, you can do high school science courses online now as well. I think your friend has options so she could ask for sure!

Archived