Premed 101 Forums

York Physics

1.) Hey. I just wanted to know which physics course I can take to full fill my requirement for medical schools in the U.S.

1. PHY1010 - Marko Hortsbatch

2. PHY1410 - Tom Kirchner

3. PHY1420 - Satnislaw Jerzak

All the courses have labs too. I just want to pick the one thats easiest.

2.) Also, do you guys know any easy second year courses in the biology and psychology department.

I tried doing a search on the forums but I can't find anything related to second year courses.

3.)O and do you guys think I should take CHEM2050 (analytical chemistry) or BIOL2070+BIOL2020.

4.) And can I have some opinions on the difficulty of CHEM2080 (analytical chemistry) with K.W. Micheal Sui.

Sorry for the super long post. Thanks a ton guys.

Okay, ignore the super long post earlier.

Im only taking CHEM1001 during the year. Am I allowed to take more than 30 credits, like 31. One of my courses is a 4.0, so its not coming to exactly 30. I need 30 to be on a full course load for Western and Queens right.

Do I need to take the first year physics prep course? PHYS1510 4.0, or should I just take the normal PHYS1420, 6.0.

When I try to add PHYS1420 it says the spaces are reserved and please contact the department for more information. I'm a chemistry major though, so shouldn't I be getting preference for the course since its a requirement for me?

you can take more than 30 credits. max is different for everyone. For kins its 36, For me its 33 for some stupid reason.

you can choose to take the physics prep course, I think fp was taking it this summer or something. ask them how it is.

Thank god, lol. And who is fp?

Also do u guys have any suggestions for which courses I can take?

I can't take any second year biology courses and chemistry courses because I don't have a credit for CHEM1001.

These are the ones I'm taking right now:

SC MATH 1013 Cr=3.00 D Term:F Applied Calculus I - Jorg Grigill (is he a good prof?)

SC MATH 1014 Cr=3.00 N Term:W Applied Calculus II - Juris Steprans (any other profs I should take it with?)

HH PSYC 1010 Cr=6.00 J Term:Y Introduction to Psychology - Gerald Goldberg (I tried to get it with Jubis but it says the remaining seats are restricted)

SC CSE 1520 Cr=3.00 B Term:F Computer Use: Fundamentals

AP ECON 1000 Cr=3.00 M Term:W Introduction to Microeconomics

SC CHEM 1001 Cr=3.00 M Term:W Chemical Dynamics

I plan on taking PHYS1420 6.0, but I have no idea how to enrol it. Going to contact the department.

After August 1st, are the courses open to everyone and its on a first-come first serve basis?

I can enrol for Gerald's lecture in psychology but for Jubis it says that the remaining seats are restricted? Does this mean Jubis's lectures are full.

Thank god, lol. And who is fp?

Also do u guys have any suggestions for which courses I can take?

I can't take any second year biology courses and chemistry courses because I don't have a credit for CHEM1001.

These are the ones I'm taking right now:

SC MATH 1013 Cr=3.00 D Term:F Applied Calculus I - Jorg Grigill (is he a good prof?)

SC MATH 1014 Cr=3.00 N Term:W Applied Calculus II - Juris Steprans (any other profs I should take it with?)

HH PSYC 1010 Cr=6.00 J Term:Y Introduction to Psychology - Gerald Goldberg (I tried to get it with Jubis but it says the remaining seats are restricted)

SC CSE 1520 Cr=3.00 B Term:F Computer Use: Fundamentals

AP ECON 1000 Cr=3.00 M Term:W Introduction to Microeconomics

SC CHEM 1001 Cr=3.00 M Term:W Chemical Dynamics

I plan on taking PHYS1420 6.0, but I have no idea how to enrol it. Going to contact the department.

After August 1st, are the courses open to everyone and its on a first-come first serve basis?

I can enrol for Gerald's lecture in psychology but for Jubis it says that the remaining seats are restricted? Does this mean Jubis's lectures are full.

Hey, I'm fp :P

I'm taking PHYS 1510 4.0 cred and it's basically a grade 12 equivalent physics, that some people take so that they can get into one of the first year physics

I would only recommend to take this course only if you did not take grade 12 physics or you need a refresher of grade 12 physics

Also, even though your a chem major and you may have priority of physics classes over BA students for example, they still may be reserved for physics majors- so basically you'll have to keep checking the system until other someone drops or they open up more seats, which usually happens during the first couple days/weeks of class- there isn't an easy way ut of that one- or at least not one that i know of :) (some people do say you can contact the dept. or something like that for special permission but i don't know much about that since I've never done it)

I'd say go with PHYS 1010, the professor is really great! I am enrolled in that, but i'll be transferring out of YorkU, so yeah. Don't touch PHYS 1410 lol very bad prof. That course had bad profs since 2010 :o

Stick with PHYS 1420 If u can get in, or go with PHYS 1010 (more interesting since you utilize calculus concepts).

I'd say go with PHYS 1010, the professor is really great! I am enrolled in that, but i'll be transferring out of YorkU, so yeah. Don't touch PHYS 1410 lol very bad prof. That course had bad profs since 2010 :o

Stick with PHYS 1420 If u can get in, or go with PHYS 1010 (more interesting since you utilize calculus concepts).

K thanks alot, do you know where the waiting lists are

Archived