Premed 101 Forums

Hi guys, I am not from london and I have a few questions about the school- do you guys have 24 hr library service? If not, are there other quiet places where you can study??

Also, how convenient is bayfield appartments aside from the fact that its 5 min walk from DSB? is it quiet and worth 800 dollars + for rent??

Please UWOers I need your inputs!

thanks so much:D :D

No 24 hour library except for closer to exams and weldon goes 24 hours for a couple weeks. UCC is 24 hours and it's usually pretty quiet if you want to be in there studying at 4am.. I'm OC so not sure about Bayfield..from what I've heard it's a nice area to be in if you expect to be on campus a lot.

I would suggest you do NOT get a place at Bayfield. While its nice to be close to campus the cost of residence is absolutely insane for what you're getting. You can get much nicer places in London for that price and honestly the bus system to UWO is pretty legit so transport isnt really an issue.

You'll have dedicated study rooms that you can use IIRC but like the poster above me said, the UCC has cubicles on the third floor that are really good for late night studying

EDIT: In bayfield you can get hooked up the the campus dc++ network. So i guess thats a bonus.

Hi guys, I am not from london and I have a few questions about the school- do you guys have 24 hr library service? If not, are there other quiet places where you can study??

Also, how convenient is bayfield appartments aside from the fact that its 5 min walk from DSB? is it quiet and worth 800 dollars + for rent??

Please UWOers I need your inputs!

thanks so much:D :D

There are also other buildings on campus, besides the UCC, that are 24/7. I know anyone can get into Social Sci (right across from Dentistry and Meds) as long as they swipe their student card at the door :) It's usually pretty quiet as well, especially at night. Weldon does turn to 24 hours close to undergrad exams, and they also have a bus system (additional to London transit) that goes to student neighbourhoods until 2:00ish

There are also other buildings on campus, besides the UCC, that are 24/7. I know anyone can get into Social Sci (right across from Dentistry and Meds) as long as they swipe their student card at the door :) It's usually pretty quiet as well, especially at night. Weldon does turn to 24 hours close to undergrad exams, and they also have a bus system (additional to London transit) that goes to student neighbourhoods until 2:00ish

Really, anyone for SocSci? I've tried a few times and never get access!

added motivation to study hard for the MCATs!

MUST. GET. CARD ACCESS.

I've spent hours trying to find peaceful places to study during exam time. You must be enrolled in the soc sci faculty to get into soc sci after hours. My faculty throws us out of the building after midnight.

yea, although bayfield is close I don't think its worth its value. For the same price you could probably get a very nice apartment in one of the buildings downtown just off richmond. And the buses are great in london. In the mornings you could catch a bus from downtown on richmond and be at the school in 10-15 minutes and they drop you off right near the medsci building door. I've been in bayfield only once. Its not overly dumpy or anything, fairly large but a bit older, worth a look though if you are in town checking out apartments.

Re studying:

Meds and Dents get 24h access to the medical science building which includes study room (individual study cubby-holes), classrooms, and computer lab.

Meds/dents have separate student lounges (fridge, tv, stuffs), because we don't intermingle. Our blood is pure.

Re studying:

Meds and Dents get 24h access to the medical science building which includes study room (individual study cubby-holes), classrooms, and computer lab.

Meds/dents have separate student lounges (fridge, tv, stuffs), because we don't intermingle. Our blood is pure.

Pantaloons, are you the person who used to live in the first apartment building on Richmond after the university gates, if you are headed from downtown to Masonville direction? Not a stalker, we just did some bedside ultrasound clinic thing together and your landlady went bonkers about you when I was trying to rent a place in your apartment lol.

Re studying:

Effin hate mudbloods.

Sometimes I wish I applied to Schulich so I can mess around on your forums a lot more (and not have to move to Toronto) :P the UWO people who post here are very entertaining. Although I guess I'm not allowed to say UWO anymore.....ugh.....sorry WESTERN University people...

Schulich People?

ha! we all ignore all of that anyway.

Archived