Premed 101 Forums

to those successful applicatns this year

Naw- I used up all five for awards, volunteering, and diversity of experience, but I only had 3 for leadership and 2 for employment.

Like you, my leadership and volunteering overlapped- I chose to fill up my volunteering section, because then I could build up my reported volunteering hours.

Remember, only 1 entry is required for each section, even though 5 slots are available. I, don't know if this is the case for you, but resist the temptation to report activities just to fill up all 25 slots. It's important to report your best qualities/skills/experiences- a fluff activity could actually hurt your application's chances.

• 4 weeks later...
Naw- I used up all five for awards, volunteering, and diversity of experience, but I only had 3 for leadership and 2 for employment.

Like you, my leadership and volunteering overlapped- I chose to fill up my volunteering section, because then I could build up my reported volunteering hours.

Remember, only 1 entry is required for each section, even though 5 slots are available. I, don't know if this is the case for you, but resist the temptation to report activities just to fill up all 25 slots. It's important to report your best qualities/skills/experiences- a fluff activity could actually hurt your application's chances.

So you definitely shouldn't be repeating activities in 2 sections? and just wondering, what would fall under "diversity of experience"?

How much extracurriculars is needed? Is it enough if you have like one for each section? Cause the only thing I have more than one is for diversity of experience.

What kinda things can u include under "Diversity of Experience"? Appreciate the help

Archived