Premed 101 Forums

schedule conflicts

My schedule for next year has organic chem overlapping with two different classes. There is no other time to take it and I want to write the MCAT next summer so I want to take it in my third year. Has anyone ever taken two classes that overlapped and did you have any problems?

Thank you

Have you considered taking it as a summer class? Many schools offer it in the summer - at McGill you could do it in May and still have the rest of the summer to study.

I did take two classes at the same time, but one was recorded, so it was fine. If one of the classes is more "lecturer reads from powerpoints" you could consider asking a friend in the class to voice record it for you if it is allowed - that is also something I used to do.

I wouldn't recommend that for organic because there is so much problem solving that you really should be there to see what's on the blackboard, but if there is a class where the powerpoints are posted and the lecturer just lectures from them, and you are very disciplined to keep up, voice recording a class could be an option for you.

Archived