Premed 101 Forums

2012/2013 Cycle

Hmm. I'm trying to input contact information for my former employers but I've lost contact with my supervisor and the like from many years back and I'm finding it hard to get in contact with them. Anyone else having the same issue?

Me too. I have no idea who to put as a verifier. I might have to end up putting one of my parents down, and then supply them with paper documentation (I have all my paperwork still) if they need it.

Me too. I have no idea who to put as a verifier. I might have to end up putting one of my parents down, and then supply them with paper documentation (I have all my paperwork still) if they need it.

I may end up having to do that, I hope that won't be a problem :S I could also supply pay stubs or call the company and ask them to send me a copy of the old stubs if Calgary wants to see them :S

You can exclude from the GPA calculation academic work that's greater than 10 years old, according to the UCAN manual (I tried to copy and paste that paragraph for you but the formatting gets all messed up). However it works on all-or-none principle so you can't pick and choose what you want to exclude and what you want to keep.

So if you invoke the exclusion rule you'll be trying to get admitted with your last 10 years of work, two of which must be undergrad work.

Hopefully that helps and I hope the manual is up and running for you again soon!:)

Also I have a question as well...I cannot seem to find anywhere that states the minimum and maximum number of entries we can put into the UofC application (other than the top 10 of course). Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance!:)

Also I have a question as well...I cannot seem to find anywhere that states the minimum and maximum number of entries we can put into the UofC application (other than the top 10 of course). Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks in advance!:)

I don't think there is a minimum because I have 0 items in the publication section. Hope that helps!

Also, people who have applied to Cal in past years, is there a way we can predict out pre-interview to get an idea of if we are competitive this year or not. My MCAT VR wasn't that great (7) which is atleast 2 St. Deviation off the average so im thinking whether I should apply or not...THANKS!

I don't think there is a minimum because I have 0 items in the publication section. Hope that helps!

Also, people who have applied to Cal in past years, is there a way we can predict out pre-interview to get an idea of if we are competitive this year or not. My MCAT VR wasn't that great (7) which is atleast 2 St. Deviation off the average so im thinking whether I should apply or not...THANKS!

You can't judge your whole application from your 7VR. What about your GPA, ECs, Impact statements, Awards, Employment ?

You can't judge your whole application from your 7VR. What about your GPA, ECs, Impact statements, Awards, Employment ?

good GPA (~3.93), average ECs (hospital volunteering for 4+ years, 3xTA, some research, exec on couple clubs, did a bunch of presentations in middle school to raise awareness about climate problems)..no pubs!

Archived