Premed 101 Forums

UOttawa

Acura

Yes, the wGPA cutoff is higher for applicants not from Ottawa. For the last few years, the cutoff has been 3.85.

So what does that mean, that I need at 3.85 to be considered by them because I'm not from Ottawa? And how do I find out what the cutoff will be and that sort of thing (ie where did you find the cutoff for the last few years)

Thanks so much btw

Whoops sorry, not the OMSAS booklet, I don't know why I said that :P . I was reading through it when I was posting that, maybe that's why.

What I try to do is check the specific uni website. I just checked Ottawa now:

http://www.intermed.med.uottawa.ca/Students/MD/Admissions/eng/excellence_marks.html

The required minimum WGPA varies according to the following list of categories:

Applicants who apply to the Consortium National de formation en santé (CNFS):

residents from outside the provinces of Ontario and Québec applying to the French program

First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis applicants

Residents from Ontario and the Outaouais region applying to the French program

Residents from the LHIN (Local Health Integrated Network) Champlain district (as determined by the Ministry of Health)

Residents from the region (Ottawa-Outaouais)

Residents from the province of Ontario

Residents from other provinces

So it would depend which of those you fall under.

In addition, that link says:

The minimum WGPA cut-offs are determined by the quantity and the quality of the applications that we receive. Candidates who would like to learn the WGPA cut-off for their category are invited to contact the admissions office at admissmd@uottawa.ca

Whoops sorry, not the OMSAS booklet, I don't know why I said that :P . I was reading through it when I was posting that, maybe that's why.

What I try to do is check the specific uni website. I just checked Ottawa now:

http://www.intermed.med.uottawa.ca/Students/MD/Admissions/eng/excellence_marks.html

The required minimum WGPA varies according to the following list of categories:

Applicants who apply to the Consortium National de formation en santé (CNFS):

residents from outside the provinces of Ontario and Québec applying to the French program

First Nations, Inuit and/or Métis applicants

Residents from Ontario and the Outaouais region applying to the French program

Residents from the LHIN (Local Health Integrated Network) Champlain district (as determined by the Ministry of Health)

Residents from the region (Ottawa-Outaouais)

Residents from the province of Ontario

Residents from other provinces

So it would depend which of those you fall under.

In addition, that link says:

The minimum WGPA cut-offs are determined by the quantity and the quality of the applications that we receive. Candidates who would like to learn the WGPA cut-off for their category are invited to contact the admissions office at admissmd@uottawa.ca

Thanks I just emailed them, thanks a lott :):):)

Archived