Premed 101 Forums

Utsc

Can anyone share their experiences with UofT Scarborough campus. Looks like I will be settling in there this September and wanted some first hand experiences or just advice in general. Also, what are some bird electives I can take in 2nd year because I have no electives in 1st year... And what do UTSCers recommend PSYb07 or STAB22? ALL advice is much appreciated

I like the campus, like the profs, and like the people I've met. The atmosphere is a little lacking (ppl generally come to class, and leave asap), but if you surround yourself with the right people, you can have a blast.

Hltb01 w/ silver was eassy

I also found psyb32 and psyb65 (if you have a bio/neuro background) easy

I've heard from friends that enviro courses are quite easy i.e. eesa09, a10

If you're good at writing, anta02 was both interesting, and easy.

anta01 was pretty easy too, despite being relatively boring (imo)

Depends on who's teaching. Whether psyb07 or stab22, its all the same really; stab22 has generally been thought of as "easier" than psyb07... but in all honesty, it doesn't matter. I personally took stab22 w/ moras and did quite well.

Though I think psyb07 is much more applicable if you're taking psych.

If i were to do it over, id go with b07.

I also found psyb32 and psyb65 (if you have a bio/neuro background) easy

I actually call this bad advice. Psyb65 is one of the tougher courses (even if neuropsy did well on it, which doesn't surprise me because the course is titled Neuropsychology).

EESA10 and EESA07 are both bird electives. Literally skipped most lectures and studied less than a day for the exam.

STAB22 : Not challenging if you put in the work. After the midterm, it gets more difficult so keep up with the material and a 4.0 is easily manageable.

i find neuropsych to be interesting if you have an interest... people that didn't... it was onerous

I actually call this bad advice. Psyb65 is one of the tougher courses (even if neuropsy did well on it, which doesn't surprise me because the course is titled Neuropsychology).

ENGA10 is easy with Garry Leonard, he is a great prof. That is if you don't mind reading and writing essays. I really enjoyed his class and he is probably one of the best profs at utsc. I also heard that ESSA06 is really easy I am taking it in winter 2012 so i will keep you updated. From my research I think STABB2H3 is easier, I not sure though, again I am taking it in winter 2012 so I'll let you know how it goes :)

Archived