Premed 101 Forums

A crazy thought...

I don't know if it's only me, but it seems like doctors have the kids with health problems, and lawyers have the most divorces in a lifetime and etc... Is there a connection on a broader sense between the profession you do and the affect that specialization has on your life... Is there some sort of psychology theory that sort of sheds some light on this or is it just coincidence that I know people that fall into this category... lmk

hmmm, that's rather, well, linear and simplistic, what about less epigentic stress due to gerater innoculation from stressors via financial advantage... that could be bs, but the equivelant retort shows well, bs statements get bs responses, you could be write, maybe... if i qualified it, found some stats, bunch of ****... o well, i dont really care

More education = Delay childbearing until old age = More screwed up kids.

well, self-selection into the profession... i like psychiatry... why, friends commit suicide, extensive experience in mental health, anger at reductionistic social construction and the parlaying of universal normative expertise, and the deleterious consequences on patients, experience first hand by watching a girl become schizophrenic, develop multiple personalities (big thing in my life, i stopped believing what i was taught until I confirmed it myself)... mom's schizphrenic, there's a reason my friends are like 30, all senior managers in weird fields, all not brainwashed, as in well, my friends were never kids my age after 18, can't the whole over-simplistic, stupifyingly ritualistic social games involved... i'm pretty sure my kids are going to be, i would say, weird in a cool way as in the kid that act 20 in grade 9...

coincidence... not really, profession which exposes you to everything and everyone, requires extreme openess to experience (I'm only talking about the good psychs, not the people who went home, read the DSM, a 100 page prescribing guide, and voila, are now 1/50th of what I am... I hang out with the homeless for fun and tech refugees in the summer for ****s and giigle, good luck learning that from a book)

I'm not sure many mental health professionals can calm down violent new refugees in shopping lines and gain their trust and cooperation and complacency, whe violence has been the answer their whole life... and this isn't a big deal, just a regular day at shoppers for me... so yeah, I said professionals, no imagine avergae joes... lol, oh my.

Imagining cultural variability, projection of other circumstances as to why your experience isn't his, and WHY to him, his actions are normal... no biggie... I've interviewed enough murderers to get the non-judgemental thing down... I have a feeling my kids will be a lot more psychologically healthy than others... contrarily... very likely will enage in more behaviours which have risk-potential because of my grey, layered views, I'm not black and white... and that may be a weakness for less experienced kids just starting in the world... paradoxically, they'll likely be independent, follow their own path in life (they don't have to learn piano or violin, LOL... but if they want, why not...), compared to their counterparts with cognitively rigid, low openness to experience, and low tolerance for uncertainty parents... they'll probably be more stressed, restricted, socially inept outside of a behaviourally rigid core (behaviourally more malleable)... I could do the gamut but I think you get the point... of all illnesses, i'd say my kids would likely be at much higher risk for maybe drug addiction or something, less for suicide, self esteem , depression, maturity

I don't know if it's only me, but it seems like doctors have the kids with health problems, and lawyers have the most divorces in a lifetime and etc... Is there a connection on a broader sense between the profession you do and the affect that specialization has on your life... Is there some sort of psychology theory that sort of sheds some light on this or is it just coincidence that I know people that fall into this category... lmk

hmmm, that's rather, well, linear and simplistic, what about less epigentic stress due to gerater innoculation from stressors via financial advantage... that could be bs, but the equivelant retort shows well, bs statements get bs responses, you could be write, maybe... if i qualified it, found some stats, bunch of ****... o well, i dont really care

"Big words, big words, big words, you could be write, big words...."

Haha, I'm aware this is the internet, just teasing you.

Archived