Premed 101 Forums

Harvard of the North?

None. It's mostly a matter of budget and no Canadian school has the funding that approaches that of Harvard. If I had to pick one I'd go with UofT. Some would choose McGill but I think it's more a matter of prestige and tradition as the University has important financial issues (like most Universities in Quebec).

I think if you add up ALL the endowment money of the Canadian schools, it may approach Harvard...

Sadly, it still doesn't come close lol. I looked it up because your comment piqued my interest. Harvard has the largest endowment of any university in the world at 32 billion (!) dollars. The only Canadian university endowment that even breaks the billion dollar mark is U of T at 1.5 billion. The largest universities here (outside of U of T) are in the hundreds of millions range and then fall off very quickly for the smaller universities.

Sadly, it still doesn't come close lol. I looked it up because your comment piqued my interest. Harvard has the largest endowment of any university in the world at 32 billion (!) dollars. The only Canadian university endowment that even breaks the billion dollar mark is U of T at 1.5 billion. The largest universities here (outside of U of T) are in the hundreds of millions range and then fall off very quickly for the smaller universities.

WRONG UBC has 1.09!

Woah! That's incredible! $32 billion :o

Well, since it's the USA, just scale everything up by ten to account for the population difference. Then the two endowments are in the same order of magnitude!

WOW! that's a huge amount

Archived