Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Update

Guest konverse

Guest konverse

hey y'all

sorry for the initial panic that this thread may have caused on first glance ;) .

but i took some info from the uofc board to hopefully organize the waitlist movement news a bit better.

if everyone would kindly include the following information at the top of your post in the event you are contacted:

-I am: (IP/OOP/2nd or 3rd year)

-Date called: (DD/MM/06)

-I will (accept/reject/defer) my offer

-Any other information that you may have received from the Admissions Staff

This will help give the rest of us waitlisters some hope!

Additionally, please post your stats on the "Accepted/Waitlisted/Rejected" thread, for interest's sake.

you all rock. good luck to everyone!! :D

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smokeydx

o.O as per the last thread regarding waitlisters... were there any OOP that waitlisted? It seemed like only IP's were getting them....

Guest razanoor

The last time I talked to someone at the office, they said that there is a seperate "alternate candidate list" for IP and seperate for OOP and also seperate ones for 2nd year and 4 or 4+ years...so, there must have been some OOPs who should have received the letters. I am IP and I received mine dated May 15. I don't know if they sent any after that also.

Guest smokeydx

Hey,

Does anyone know if they start to notify people as people are declining their offers? Because I called the admin office today and got the impression that they're doing that. Has anyone received acceptance off the waitlist?? o.O

Cheers,

Guest smokeydx

thanks dude,

I dunno, all they said to me was "as offers are declined we will start going down the list"

Cheers,

Guest razanoor

hi smokeydx,

I talked to Andrea about a week ago and asked as to when us waitlisters could expect to hear from them. She said that deadline to reply is June 5 (I guess that meant that after June 5). She also said if they go down their waitlist, we should hear good news. I asked her, if "going down the waitlist" meant I was somewhere down on the list then she said "don't read too much into the words, i am just saying if we go down the waitlist, people should hear good news".

And from what I hear from others on the board here, they have exhausted their first list in the previous years. So, there is still hope for even those who weren't on the first one.

One of my friends told me that last year, a friend of hers got a rejection letter and then two weeks later, she was put on waitlist and then eventually accepted.

Are you on the waitlist already or waiting to get on?

cheers

Guest smokeydx

Hey Raz,

I'm already in the alternative list. Just getting a bit nervous since its almost hitting June 5th. Yah lol, I really shouldn't read too much into the words. Well I really hope it will be good news when it comes. >.<

Cheers,

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Hey all-

I just today turned down my offer at UofA to take one from UofC. That's at least on more person on the waitlist who'll have a shot. Good luck, and sorry I won't be joining your class this year - it was a tough call.

8o

Guest konverse

hey peeps

what's the deal -- any news today? do you all think that WL movement will happen this week?

i just find the lack of news to be strange. i spoke to andrea last week and she said offers were made on a rolling basis but information on this board indicates otherwise, or that recent acceptees don't use this board! :eek but still, med admissions is a small world ie. word does <should?> travel fast. but on the other hand movement after the reply back date <june 5th> does make sense. but what do i know :lol

in any case -- a question for razanoor. from your post it seems like there is more than one WL? "they have exhausted their first list in the previous years. So, there is still hope for even those who weren't on the first one."

i thought there was only one? hmmm... i think i got the standard letter saying "unfortunately unable to give a final decision, but you are on the alternate candidates list..."

this is getting crazy!

Guest razanoor

Hi Konverse,

Thanks for the info. I sure hope that the offers will start after today. The last time I talked to Andrea, she said that you only have to worry about people on your list. She said there is a seperate one for 2/3 year and seperate for 4/4+ and also seperates for IP and OOP. And when I asked her as to when we could expect to hear...she said: well, the deadline to reply is June 5...so, I took it to mean that after June 5. But if she told you otherwise, this scares me a bit and on top of that no one has added anything here too.

Keeping the fingers crossed for everyone...

Guest smokeydx

Hi Konverse,

Yah, I thought acceptances off the waitlist was a rolling basis too after talking to Andrea... or at the least that's the impression she gave me. But it is odd, maybe people are getting in off the waitlist just not anyone in the board. >.<

Cheers,

Guest razanoor

Hi Konverse and Smokeydx,

I will go and ask Andrea today so maybe we can get some sort of confirmation as to what is happening. I talked to another student today here (U of A) and he is waiting too and he also said that they start after today (June 5).

I just got a call from Calgary so, somewhat relieved...at least I know I am going somewhere.

Guest konverse

raz -- u rock -- congrats!!

pretty please try and milk andrea for as much information as possible... :P maybe if you can get some definites in terms of timeline, ie. when the bulk of offers will be coming out, when they'll likely stop, chances, numbers <esp IP> etc etc etc!

this is getting crazy! wait did i already say that ;)

cheers!

Guest razanoor

thanks Konverse,

I tried but all i got was that "if we start going down our waitlist people should hear good news". Thats the third time she has said this same line to me now...I was hoping to get some more but thats all she would tell me. I know some people here at the U of A who are waiting like us too and they also think that the best chances for news are in the next week to one and half week.

Guest ComplacentTragedy

Sup:

I'm second year Sask waitlisted.

I talked to Ms. Marlene and Ms. Andrea, and I was told, like many of you, that now is the time we'll start hearing things. But not necessarily SOON.

Ms. Andrea had told me that she had people pulled off the waitlist two days before orientation (this year it's August 28th), because people hold seats when they are unsure of what they'll be doing.

Anyway, you'll hear from me if I learn anything else. Bestofluck everyone - I'm going to go cry alone in a washroom or something.

And listen to Simple Plan in the process. Sweeeet.

Guest smokeydx

Dude!

Thanks for breaking the silence! lol, no I haven't heard anything yet. The last time I called, they said they will phone first and then send out letters later. I'm stuck to my phone right now >.< I can't even cry in the shower...

Cheers,

Guest konverse

4pm MST...

and no word...

i'm getting confused.

maybe tomorrow?

ps. is there a "good luck" or "fingers crossed" emoticon here? ;)

Guest razanoor

I was reading in the Ottawa threads that someone got called at 8PM from Ottawa for U of Ottawa offer. Maybe there is something like that here too. Also a friend of mine told me that he got called at around 7PM from here too but that was around 3 or 4 years ago...

Archived