Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Update

Guest konverse

Guest ComplacentTragedy

Guys, really, give it some time, it's only the sixth.

Believe me, I can relate, as I'm waitlisted at UofA too. But we're in for the long haul, because people want to (and will) drop their spots when they are ready.

For example, while I've been accepted to the UofS and I have actually paid my deposit there, should I be fortunate enough to get a UofA OOP spot, I'll take it (even if it's halfway into August) opening up a spot for the UofS in province waitlist.

So what it boils down to is, if we don't get a call today, tomorrow, or next week, all summer is our time, so we mustn't lose hope yet.

Ah screw it, I want some Hilary Duff now.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smokeydx

ComplacentTragedy,

Its true... but all in all, its still a long wait not knowing. Hilary Duff???!?! o.O

Cheers,

Guest razanoor

Ok guys...we can breathe a little easier for some time because I talked to the office today and they said that they haven't started on their waitlist yet because they are still waiting to hear from some of their students and they don't want to throw out theirs files until they have exhausted all oppurtunities to contact them.....(I know it is still stressful but...)

We can expect to start hearing some time next week...they will call (and if we don't answer for some reason.....don't worry, they leave a message or keep tyring....they won't throw out the offer right away....they give two weeks so they will try to contact us until they reach us).

Guest smokeydx

Raz.. you the MAN!

I have one more week of freedom from the phone lol. Thanks for the info Raz, it really did put down some of the built up anxiety.

Cheers,

Guest konverse

raz -- you're a miracle worker

but i don't know how much longer... i can... take... this... :b

see my situation is this. i'm sitting on a US acceptance. i'm 100% keen on going there, but only if uofa doesn't work out. their orientation starts july 24th. this means that i have to finalize all travel, financial and logistical plans soon. i've arbitrarily set june 21 (summer solstice!) as the decision date... :smokin

at least if there is some WL movement then we all can see where we stand...

Guest razanoor

Thanks Smokeydx and Konverse,

i was so relieved too when they told me that they hadn't started yet because I was beginning to think that they called everybody on June 6 and if we didn't get the call...chances become more slim. Hopefully, things will work out for the better for all of us. I know how you feel Konverse (US must be expensive though!!!)...I have been offered by Calgary...I would rather stay here at home but if I have to move, then I will need some time to arrange things there too. So, I am hoping we all hear something by next week so we can plan accordingly. Smokeydx....What is your situation?

Guest smokeydx

Hey Raz,

It is a relieve, I thought the same thing about June 6th being the date they called waitlist people. My situation? lol >=( I have no options open. U of A is my one and only chance. lol. Oh well, it was also the only school I applied to too. Edmonton is home. I wouldn't want to leave anyways. =)

Cheers,

Guest ComplacentTragedy

Thanks Razzy.

BTW, if you have a cell, go to beartracks and change your number of correspondence to it - that way I am accessable anywhere (right now I'm not even in my home province).

Gee, when it rains, it pours... another sweet week when we don't hear anything.

Get it? Rain. Like 'let the rain fall down, and wake my dreams...'

Fine, I'll 'come clean' with you guys - I'm pumping up the Skye Sweetnam. And you're going to like it.

Guest konverse

hello

hope everyone is doing well.

so let's chalk that up as the most anti-climactic week ever.

seriously.

i was sitting on nails mon and tues, checking my phone every 10 seconds, jumping for joy when it rang, only to throw it out the window when i saw it was a local call. hehe. then comes wednesday when raz drops the bomb that ain't too much happenin' at the uofa admissions office ;) .

and so the wait continues...

what's the prediction for the week upcoming?

there HAS to be some movement, right? hehe well that's what i thought last time and here i am writing this. but yanno i do like posting on this board -- it keeps me connected to the peeps.

anyway only time will tell!!

lator gators

Guest dc1414

Hang in there everyone. I feel for you guys, the waiting must blow...anyhow, have confidence, you all should feel pretty good. From what I hear, the line gets exhausted quite a bit. It might not go down all the way to the bottom but I know it always moves like hell.

Guest razanoor

Hi Guys...did anyone hear anything yet. I asked them today June 12, 2006 at MST 1300 that if they had started on their waitlist and Marlene said that they are just going through their waitlist and they will be starting now (I am persuming they started at 1PM...)

Guest razanoor

Hi Guys....does some brave soul want to ask them if they have started yet? I have asked them so many times that now I feel uncomfortable going to the office. They told me yesterday that they are working on their list and they are starting (I don't know if starting meant that they are now looking at their list to see who they are going to call and then they will call and are they starting to call rightaway...that was at 1PM yesterday)...but so far today, there are no news from anyone too.

Guest smokeydx

Raz your pure jokes lol, if you get in, you'll have to see them sooner or later. I tried calling earlier but Andrea was probably on lunch as I got the voice mail. But I will try again later today if I don't get swamped at work. I am going to leave Edmonton soon for a week vacation.. >.< It would be nice to have known something before I go.

Cheers,

Guest razanoor

i hope i will get to see them around a lot more but what i meant was that i feel uncomfortable about asking them "have you started yet" "have you started yet"....i was getting to feel like a little kid trapped in a car..."are we there yet"...."are we there yet"

Guest smokeydx

Hey Raz,

Andrea isn't in today and its only Marlene... she was on lunch so I spoke with a person named Lisa. She told me they started going down the list and calling people already... >.< I still haven't received anything.

Cheers,

Guest razanoor

this doesn't sound good...hopefully they will get to us. We are about 5 people on the board here and i know one other person...so 6 in total with no news so far...statistically doesn't seem right but what do i know...

Guest razanoor

well, i called them just now..and they said they are looking at their list and they have started calling but haven't called everyone....i don't know how long they are going to take. marlene was on the other line so i couldn't get all the information...it sounded more like that they are still looking more into their list (maybe trying to arrange things in order)....

rambling on here keeps the stress down a bit...so, i keep posting messages here:p :D

Archived