Thought: "Wait, how did my ringtone change..."

Thought Again: "Why isn't my phone vibrating..."

Terrible Thought: "Wait, it's the phone of the guy beside me."

I love being an Alternate Candidate.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest konverse

so whaddya all say that we should maybe start a day-time med school waitlist soap opera? yanno something that chronicles the up-n-down, heart-in-our-mouths, daily life? i'm sure we'd get good ratings. ;)

anyways this is the update from my end. i phoned up uofa (around 2pm MST) and also got re-directed to lisa. she told me that andrea is off sick. a few more roundabout questions later, she said that they have chosen the next few people to go off the WL, but calls have not gone out yet, as andrea was going to do them (but isn't there), and marlene is now taking over that job but is currently busy with "other students".

so not too sure what that means, but i don't think anyone has yet been phoned, or maybe just a few calls that were made at the end of today by marlene. hopefully andrea will be back tomorrow and get the ball really rolling, or maybe marlene will take over completely and start phoning everyone?

either way, the complete "inactivity" from all of us doesn't make sense. no news is good news. i'm seeing it as the calm before the storm -- hopefully there's some rain in the forecast! :hat

who's with me?

Guest razanoor

good ratings aside...i am sure we will win some award or something too:rollin

anyways, i also had the feeling that andrea is the one who calls because everytime i talked to her she mentioned that she will be calling us if they go down their waitlist...lets all hope it pours in the next few days

Guest ComplacentTragedy

"Let the rain fall down, and wake my dreams."

No, of course I couldnt resist.

You know, actually I was thinking a reality TV show on students trying to get into professional colleges would be great - the volunteer risks, the balance of social life, the build up to admissions day, the defeats, the victories... this kind of week would be a season finale, with underdogs rounding up the ratings.

Oh, and definately ninja fight scenes to dramatically re-create battling the MCAT.

"And 11 points later.... Verbal Reasoning fell to the rush of an opscan sheet covered in graphite... which was also covered in blood...."

Guest razanoor

The phone rang..i picked it up...Hello, its Andrea..."i got some good news for you".....that was all i needed to hear...

So, guys things have started and Andrea is back. She said I was the first one on her list and I just got the call...so, the first one went to an ezboarder...lets hope the next 5 or 6 (how many ever we are here)...are for us too...

Best of luck...

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Congrats you guys! To whoever got my seat, treat it well.

:)

See you at joint Alberta med school functions - I think they have a lot of those.

Guest ComplacentTragedy

Congrats guys;

or 'gg' however things are done over the 'net.

Are you two OOP or IP... a Saskatchewan boy needs a 'there there'

Guest medsmurf

I got the call today too. I will most likely be declining the offer and sticking with my original plan of going to UBC.

Congrats to everyone who heard today and good luck to those still waiting.

wow.. what an amazing day yesterday

gf convocated

saw a whole bunch of people i hadnt' seen in a while at convocation

experiment at lab worked

ate chinese food

got a fortune that said "your efforts will be rewarded"

then found out they called me with good news in the afternoon

awesome!

i'm OOP from ontario... definitely going!

WAR EDMONTON!

Guest konverse

greetings y'all!!

sorry haven't been around the past couple days... but i'm back now and CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!

i myself have also received the good word...

THIS WL DRAMA IS OVER. we're starting a new TV show now and it's called... ACCEPTED TO THE UOFA!!!!!! :lol

time to celebrate -- who's with me??

:rollin :rollin

Guest razanoor

Congrats Konverse....count me in for the new show!!!

Juicyprunes - Andrea told me today that they will wait for these first set of responses to come back before calling others...so, I guess there is some more waiting for those who weren't called in this round.

(So that's 5 ezboarders now who have been called...i think there are only 1 or 2 more of us (from this group) waiting...thats excellent)

Guest ComplacentTragedy

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Archived