Premed 101 Forums

Recurring/On-off activities

What's the protocol for entering something like this in the sketch? For instance, I volunteered in one hospital ward one summer and did the same thing again the following summer. In the details section I see a section for specifying whether the activity was during the summer or academic year - would I just state "Summer 2011 & Summer 2012" (that's how I have it now) or something to that effect ..?

The other option would be to break it up into 2 activities, but I don't want to appear like I'm padding my ABS sketch...thoughts? I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find much through the forum search. Thanks in advance.

What's the protocol for entering something like this in the sketch? For instance, I volunteered in one hospital ward one summer and did the same thing again the following summer. In the details section I see a section for specifying whether the activity was during the summer or academic year - would I just state "Summer 2011 & Summer 2012" (that's how I have it now) or something to that effect ..?

The other option would be to break it up into 2 activities, but I don't want to appear like I'm padding my ABS sketch...thoughts? I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I wasn't able to find much through the forum search. Thanks in advance.

i had a similiar experiance working in a hospital over 2 summers. I ended up breaking it up into 2 seperate enteries, but i was volunteering in 2 differnet units so it really was a different experiance. Did you do the exact same thing both summers? or were the experiances noticablely different? if so i would break it up. And like ellorie said, just do your best and be honest and you will be fine

Hey guys I have a similar question. I've been volunteering at the hospital where I live for two years (this year is my third), usually all through the school year and during the summer.

However this summer my work hours are such that I cannot volunteer at all (I start my job before the hospital volunteer shift starts and end work about an hour before the last shift ends...adding in travel time and I wasn't able to do it).

So basically the last two years I've been there all year round. For the year 2011-2012, I've only been there during the school term. How would I enter this in terms of timing?

Hey guys I have a similar question. I've been volunteering at the hospital where I live for two years (this year is my third), usually all through the school year and during the summer.

However this summer my work hours are such that I cannot volunteer at all (I start my job before the hospital volunteer shift starts and end work about an hour before the last shift ends...adding in travel time and I wasn't able to do it).

So basically the last two years I've been there all year round. For the year 2011-2012, I've only been there during the school term. How would I enter this in terms of timing?

2009-2011 Academic year and summer

2011-2012 Academic year

Or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived