Premed 101 Forums

The Average 'wage' of doctors 2012

I also have to qualify that I wasn't criticizing medicine with a broad brush: there are numerous specialties I feel deerve every dime they deserve, there are also others well, you can infer from my previous posts.

Personally I've met peds neurosurg guys who amazed me, who I have nothing but complete respect for... they absolutely deserve 500 thousand, but please don't argue family docs are getting only 300 k, or that radiologists need 500-600 k. Just because I think salaries in some specialties should be reducd doesnt mean I think docs deserve 60 k, I have no problem with a radiologist making 200-250 k, ditto with opthamologists.

This displays your fundamental misunderstanding of how medicine works,which is understandable, since most people not in medicine are probably similar.

Imaging plays a HUGE role in care nowadays. It's extremely valuable. And radiology, believe it or not, is very hard to do. You can't just have each specialty interpret their own films, because they don't have the ability to study the comprehensive picture, just their focus area.

You can't turn around and say some neurosurg guys are worth X because you think they do great work and in the same breath say rads(who are much more helpful to 90% of specialties) only deserve Y. You don't seem to know the role or value of rads in order to make a determination of its value.

Ditto opthomology, sure maybe 900k a year is somewhat nutty, but cutting up and lasering eyes is easily just as hard as neurosurg. They deserve far more than the 200-250k if you say that peds neurosurg is worth 500k.

It would make more sense for you to argue a global across the board pay cut, rather than make value judgements per specialty since you lack the medical experience to properly assign levels of value to each field.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1 to aaron ....

For all those premeds who want to go into Radiology or Opthma purely for the high rolling lifestyle you may be that guy who blows his head off with one of your guns in your rare gun collection due to depression ... true story, Southern Ontario, a neighbor of a co-worker who was a radiology did himself in and it didnt take a CT scan to see what was his cause of death .... a big fat hole in his head.

How about you get into med, find out a few things you actually would love to do, then sort out the lifestyle issues they afford rather than automatically looking for the highest paying specialty and gunning for that just because a few surveys say they make between 500-800k/yr.

Money buys stuff and stuff eventually gets boring .... doing something you love doesnt usually get boring and you will still get compensated well by societal standards (200-400k).

Beef

It amazes me that the premeds on this board are so concerned physician salary and money in general. I'm sure it's a youth thing since I was fairly similar when I was younger and thankfully life has taught me there's way more important things in life than how much one makes. Sure, life is easier with money but it gets to a point where that's your sole focus for a job/career and you will suffer in happiness. Mark my words.

If you look back at the thread history since I've been here those that usually bring up physician salary are those on the outside looking in.

I should have pointed out that when I made the comment about being fairly similar when younger that I was likely that way because of how I grew up: dirt poor

A Christmas gift from my mom when I was growing up was things most kids would take for granted because it was routine necessities for them.

Any sports I played was a result of other family members paying for me, me working or a combination of both.

I was lucky eat one true meal a day which was stretched to last two days (2 boxes of KD and a pound of regular ground beef mixed together). I didn't know you could buy actual chicken in a grocery store until I started working in restaurants lol and I had to do laundry by hand because there wasn't money for the laundry facilities in the apartment where I lived.

So yeah, when I was in school and eventually into the working world everything became about money. I was scared to death of going back to living I did when I grew up. I still am. But I started to realize a funny thing: all the money I was making wasn't making me any happier in life.

I'll hop off my soapbox now :)

I didn't say it wasn't hard, and I know the value of radiology, besides neuro guys interpreting brain imaging very few specialties are more than basically ept at interpreting imaging. You're not telling me anything I don't know, or have seen in person.

Value doesn't equal demand or difficulty, and the new generation of physicians is going to put a premium on those who are willing to work obscene hours and give up personal time, difficulty is becoming a tradeoff for lifestyle considerations.

Ditto for many derms and nephros eventually needing path for a conclusive diagnoses, although in many cases this doesn't ffect treatment early on.

How is your value system any different, how do we get to a benchmark "set point" number in the first place, from which we can relatively value other specialties. you can argue my value system is in disagreement with yours, but that relies on a relatively high normatively accepted salary of specialty x to be compared too.

Like ****, why do cardio if you know an old nephro and you can sneak into his dialysis job.

Better yet, why should I hire a Canadian trained radiologist, I know a plethora of foregn trained docs with 99 percentile USMLE 1, 2, QE1's, TOEFL, OSCE's who'd line up to do rads for 200 k, and who also are canadian citizens.

Don't be presumptious with my experience either, I talk a ton about psych, but a hundred and some hours in ER gave me a pretty good idea of how important imaging is.

This displays your fundamental misunderstanding of how medicine works,which is understandable, since most people not in medicine are probably similar.

Imaging plays a HUGE role in care nowadays. It's extremely valuable. And radiology, believe it or not, is very hard to do. You can't just have each specialty interpret their own films, because they don't have the ability to study the comprehensive picture, just their focus area.

You can't turn around and say some neurosurg guys are worth X because you think they do great work and in the same breath say rads(who are much more helpful to 90% of specialties) only deserve Y. You don't seem to know the role or value of rads in order to make a determination of its value.

Ditto opthomology, sure maybe 900k a year is somewhat nutty, but cutting up and lasering eyes is easily just as hard as neurosurg. They deserve far more than the 200-250k if you say that peds neurosurg is worth 500k.

It would make more sense for you to argue a global across the board pay cut, rather than make value judgements per specialty since you lack the medical experience to properly assign levels of value to each field.

I didn't say it wasn't hard, and I know the value of radiology, besides neuro guys interpreting brain imaging very few specialties are more than basically ept at interpreting imaging.

Better yet, why should I hire a Canadian trained radiologist, I know a plethora of foregn trained docs with 99 percentile USMLE 1, 2, QE1's, TOEFL, OSCE's who'd line up to do rads for 200 k, and who also are canadian citizens.

Don't be presumptious with my experience either, I talk a ton about psych, but a hundred and some hours in ER gave me a pretty good idea of how important imaging is.

Couple points:

1. Most specialties are pretty good at interpreting their own images in the context of looking for their specific problems. It's on the Royal College exam, so they have to be. All of them, including neuro, fail in the context of analyzing the whole image including areas of their non specialty.

2. All the tests you listed are general licensing tests,they have nothing to do with radiology knowledge. If those docs have excellent rads knowledge and are appropriately trained they can write the royal college and pass. Once they have their FRCPC, they're free to join a hospital at a 200k salary. If those radiologists existed, hospitals would be hiring them preferentially.

If they want to be trained in a Canadian rads program, they are free to apply for IMG CaRMS positions, or secure a side deal with a government or organization to fund a spot. Then when they are done they can get their 200k salary. And then it becomes the same points as above.

3. 100 hours and change in the ER not making medical decisions about patients is very little experience. I'm not being presumptuous.

lol, you really find me annoying in general eh? you still didn't address a lot of points, as alai would say, ad hominems. it's cool, i wouldn't like me either if i was attacking my professions earning power, and was the kind of person who might actually have an effect on it in a decade. besides, even if i'm an idiot i've talked to dr. francescutti about overpaid physicians lots of times, and he has similar views as me, so even if my ideas come from a person who, perhaps in your view, is an egotistical, narcissistic, ignorant, emotionally motivated person, the conclussion i have is shared with some pretty influential and experienced people, so, the ens being the same, attacks on the means lose value.

the means don't matter anyways, i may be a post-modernist, but non-normative truth doesn't impose preclude me from attempting to impose my interpretation, and for **** sakes, i've been threatening enough to be ****ed with by political interests, so it's even worse that an idiot like me is more likely to influence health policy than the average doc, o well, the same argument can be made against monolithic health care professionals who can't grasp the big picture.

i've got a messy story involving public ppl, so i'm gonna stop mentioning it, i was in med, didn't like, mostly because of bureaucracy, medical culture: i.e. lack of critical profession-wide self appraisal and criticality, corruption, intimidation (and not just the friend of a friend bs). people who can call individuals, instiutions: both coercive action and lack of action in dealing with patients interest on the business end, and are a bit freaky, ya know. of course, you only realize that when one or two individuals push too hard and have a vested interest in an outcome, except, im not supposed to know the law either, uh oh, guess pulling back when you're in deep is malignant, but going all the way and being exposed (learn your privacy laws kids, i mean, provincial officials, lol) long story short, i went into med aspiring to do more than medicine, and realized most schools are designed to train semi-competant to excellent clinicians, so it's mutual self interest, finnish for me is a win, me shutting my mouth is a good trade, cool stuff eh (i'm being explicitly vague obviously); unfortunately, i don't win with the md, i've got lofty goals, and am multi-dimensional, so i'll never have a "profession". if you want to know how i make money currently, editing essays for a company, pays better than residency would have, and it's always around... what do you think i should do? a professions more a means to an ends for me, and i could do any of the university designated professions. i've got this offer to sell high end cars, and well, i'm not going to lie, it pays well, but i need change and stimulation, i think i'd get bored pretty quick, specially when i can make a couple hundred bucks in a couple hours editing a social psych essay... i finally got the local drug reps number too, that took forever, o well, add doc, cant hold any blame, i'm like that too, think i should sell adderall for shire. the paradox of choice hey? also, now clinical psych is a pretty sick option, i use to worry about having to compete on the private market, but now, well, clinical psych means i earn more than shrinks, ditto with law, pharma patent law or criminal defense in drug cases would be money in the bank, particularly the prior, but i'd rather work in lobbying or politics, i've got to much of a need for monumental challenges, it's like, i don't see the purpose in half assing things, either go all out or go home, it's not a value system, it's just the only way my brain works... and now that the safety net thing is gone there's just so many choices to go all out with... hell, editing papers is pretty sick pay even, better than teaching the damn class.

jesus, i could even do adhd coaching, addictions counselling, forensic mental health, psychometrics, apparently i'm qualified, lol.

iuno, forget what should i do, what should i do first? (and this isn't a narcissistic thing, believe me, if you know add personalities, it's actually a struggle to do a single profession, a single goal with multi-modal approaches is totally kosher, but the same professional, same approach, same goal, for life, is like mental health suicide. so is doing something where i can't see consequences, no ammount of money could ever satisfy being a piece of a bureacratic system which achieves nothing, so i do like medicine, but the systemic problems outweigh the enjoyment of clinical practice for me. also, im far from a hack, sometimes i wish i was... if i was, i'd be innocious, you know, ignorance and bliss. just like the person i kinda of mentor my goals around said: this generation is self entitled and selfish, you don't need an md to do anything you want, and this persons pretty pedastooled up.

i guess my profession will is destined to be the change i want to see in the world, whatever means gets me there will be my defining characteristic, but i think people are much more than jobs.

so yeah, psychoanalyze me.

What is your profession? I'm curious.

too lazy;daunting! ridiculous… why bother… why get back up… why is a smile worth all the suffering, struggle, sacrifice. i wouldn't be patronizing, was sitting in a cafe in downtown toronto with a res spot locked buying tickets to amsterdam while you were in undergrad.

too laborous;dr's all i need, monologue, why bother… i doubt you sent an app in an hr before a program which takes fifteen med students, five minutes after hearing your friend killed themselves, and pulled it off, because number five doesn't hurt anymore. i respect your decisions, but seriously, cut the condescending tone, there's reason's I'm so critical, and i'm not trying to be an *******, but you don't see people like me in most professional programs, it's harder to wear a gag when you know vividly (and i'm not kidding, you think i'm bull****ting when i say i read hundred page drug patents, i'm not, because get what, i've seen extreme consequences, extreme suffering, and i was a guinea pig of a neurologist who couldn't diagnose a rare visual condition… there's nothing more arrogant and patronizing than someone you trust your health with to say it's in your head… well, you know what, you see induced schizophrenia, become a guinea pig yourself, and well, lets just say you learn to work harder than anyone…

like, do you really think i care about coming off as smart, i am smart, it's called hard work, like, i won't cure my neuro problem, i'll link 30 pages together to build a picture, being a social worker, psychologist, doctor or any learned title commands great responsibility, it's not a job in many cases… but seriously, i went for a coffee grab and this guy with ptsd started discussing abuse he suffered, like… i really don't think you get it, i'm the living version of the papers that say education doesn't correlate with therapeutic skill, but you know, dealing with a handful of murders, sexual assault victims, pedophiles… i can go on and on… i'm not bragging, i don't care if you think i'm an idiot, maybe you haven't dated a rape victim, consequences are never real in books, they're real when you phone 911 and think the most important person in your life could be dead… lol, i'm done, you don't get it, i'm good cause of how much i care, it's so much fun being the only student to talk in ethics… like, theres 200 of you, you don't have any comments… this is human life.

if i decide the follow the doctor route to my goals, you think i'd do canada? why would i, do i look like i care about putting boxes on my cv… in 2 years i put on 2/3s of page on in scholarships… and I'm only patronizing around professionals… so many of the trad prof students think so black and whitely, lol, life's grey… life's complex, life is organic… you can't put people in boxes… like why even respond to this ridiculous paradigm of self worth?

if you want something of significant difficult bad enough, you realize earning a degree, a license isn't enough. if you want to be a designer, not a disciple of your field, for whatever reason… and please, screw off with the your arrogant, no, I'm really not, i put myself in a position which necessitates having to know everything, period, even on people with 20 years on me. i could have cruised so easily, but i wouldn't be happy with myself, the ultimate irony is i don't give a **** about titles, but we live in a world of lobotomized people who measure their worth in superficialities, and, despite not having a title, nor caring about these superficial things, i'm downright authoritative in many topics, you don't get that by dreaming about a porsche, it's just not enough to push you when you have nothing left.

honestly, why are so many people apathetic, slaves to a manufactured culture… it's like, in my free time i destroy the rcmp, big corporations, lol, i don't care, it's just, among some really well meaning people there's this visceral reaction you get from those who still believe in the rat race, often you just laugh, eventually though, you ask how so many can be so crippled, living for others. it's like, i'm sorry, i'm an average dude in real life, because my friends don't talk about how some prereq will ruin their life.

for ****s sake, lives to be lived, guess what, living a life worth writing a book doesn't mean impressing people you don't care about, life's too short to waste, why bother… i don't get it at all, believe me, i'm not a bull****ter, I'm scary good, and not in peer groups, i'm talking md/phd's, politicians there's few prof's who meet me who aren't like, for real… mores cause i'm not the type either, i believe merit and skill are paramount.

the guy who said i shouldn't say certain specialties deserve x was right to be honest, if there was a way of doing things accurately, i'd be pure pay for performance… and if you're practicing in anything, why assume, students shouldn't challenge you.

monologue whatever, lol, i'll give you a nice monologue on a stage in the next ten years, there's so much i'd love to do, and i don't really quit, or stop working… the monologue might seem long in writing, but i'm scary to debate against, for **** sake, i've had my bank info hacked… life's all fun and fair until you become a real threat, and i don't think very many people here have been at that point, the line where idealists piss their pants and realize wow, there are no rules… yeah, you've got to be pretty tricky to get a 6 page letter five lawyers could do nothing better than propose a win win, let's all shut up situation, but this is a whole different world, way past the line of those docs in ontario everyone venerates, brave yes, but reckless… bravery isn't enough, they did nothing but make idiots of themselves and hurt others, who are discredited due to their impulsivity. but **** it, you'' never get to the point where people have to shut you up the dirty way, you've gotta be pretty dedicated to make that sacrifice, not once, everyday…

i wish i were french, there's too many chomskys in the upper middle class, we need more sartes, when people say they want to help people, the most common criticism tends to be for a price, well what about at the cost of their own well being.

we don't get paid well because we're educated and worth something, not exclusively at least. we're bought out, i can systemically delineate how we perpetuate and profit from the addictions of our most vulnerable citizens, the whole history from 1850… the doctors get a sum for buying into their oversimplified medical paradigm, i can't pretend i don't know that me, and others have poor short term memories, extreme withdrawal to benzos (which i don't even take for anxiety, but for regulation of the medial raphne, the central regulatory site for 5ht receptors, yeah, i can go on in detail and my neuros said benzos only affect gaga-a, and people wonder why i know half lives, bzd subunit allosteric affinities, metabolic liver enzymes… or the fact that we have an inverse agonist for alpha-5… all in a nice delivery system… yeah, sorry, i am arrogant, because i believe i should be the norm, not the exception, in whatever you decide to do… i know psych neuro's my thing, i don't claim to be an expert in everything, but i've met over 100 psychs, and why wouldn't a top residency program want me, I'm good… i just wish everyone else also thought this way, i remember people laughing and saying psych wasn't real medicine in pbl, funny, i laughed too… of course not, what kind of nut is devoted enough to learn medicine, nutritional biochem, multiple modalities of therapy, cultural differences, psychopharm, an i mean everything: reboxatine, tianeptine, agomelatine, on and on, don't forget any non north american meds, amphetamine backbones can be modified to induce different properties, lol, devils in the details… someone told me olanzapine is more potent than geodon, they heard it… well why, think about receptor targets, why would we see increased extra-pyramidal in olanzapine, what does ability suggest about downstream regulation of dopamine modulated by 5ht2c, why is it effective in addiction, what opposite effects does it have to more metabolism slowing anti-psychs, direct agonist/antagonist differences, likely the role pl… think tyrosine hydroxyays a role in metabolic regulation, remember, sometimes doing the witch doctor thing is enough, and often life doesn't conform to in vitro and rat studies, but reading a 400 page textbook on adult add and various cellular aetiologies, combined with knowledge of pharmacology, means my second try will be informed, even knowing pharmacokinetics with regard to rebound vasodilation when taking xr formulations with high standard deviation, multiple peak cmaxes means i know what to give if rebound headaches are your prime complaint, it's in the hundred page patent, lol.

my doc finally just gave me the reps number, after phoning herself, both of us doing a letter. lol, you think most docs give a reps number out and say tell him all the problems with the product he reps, and ask why non essential amino acid conjugates weren't first out, or well, coming out in twelve years when we know about variable cmaxes… as well as higher levels of breakdown pns products than taking pure dex ir… yeah, when i talk to him, it's going to go like, wow, i didn't even know we had those products. well of course not, i explain to my smart neuro levitiracetams novel mechanism.

i'm not saying i know everything, but when you use sloppy meds, details make a difference, or why my doc walks by me and asks i got a rec for selgeline, go with biphentin or no, or why

so yeah, please don't be patronizing, especially for a moral decision, and the arrogance is just funny, if i was nobody else, and wanted a nice job, well, believe me, union protected licenses r a good gig, even better if you rock at your job, i love to see people do good work, but extreme depth and breadth, are so rare (i.e. organic synthesis, biochem, pharmacology, with all the dirty details, deceptions, such as cleverly using the term amphetamine, predefined 45 pages earlier, when stating coax levels, sorry, l and d enatiomers are big diff… if you go into neuro you'll learn why l-selgeline is used, metabolized into l-methamphetamphetamine, which, honestly, aint very dopaminergic, not even close to d, also, think of trypsin in clinical practice… sympathomimetics that exclusively produce d-enatiomers, are bid versus one daily mean, higher euphoric phenomenology, increased appetite suppression, and clinical effects, non conform and to tight controlled studies, also, surrogate generalized terms are used, encompassing fifteen different prodrugs, despite the intuitive reader assuming the market med is being referred too, this allows deceptive, but legal claims of superiority, using the non-market to be equally smooth pharmacokinetics (less unintended abuse to alleviate rebound)… but wait, only the market drug is being released, well, sorry, the law is like math, self coherent means legal, why use the market med… of course the trypsin requirement means lower intra-nasal abuse potential against adderall, but oral abuse potential is similar, and many people use trypsin in cola to extract pure d-amp… so oral abuse is highest actually, most dangerous too because of build up of pns metabolites, potential megadosing of extracted dex, oral, or well, now iv… n it's marketed as the future adhd med for ppl with addiction probe... not possible with adderall or concerta… furthermore the use of the non market med against concerta is because concerta is superiorly less abuseble in every admin route.

yeah, see the whole arrogance thing is lame, i only respond to show how ridiculous it is, same reason i have so many big shot pals, big secret, most of them think similarly to me, i just can't put on a show… the real world is an insane teacher, i did med because i didn't think psychology was safe, and i thought an md would help perceive my ideas as more authoritative, well, god, top people already do, it's an insane realization that, in the end like nlengr said: people care about their eye, they want the best. people who need to improve cognition, or really anything pay me as a consultant, so don't bother reading, this ****'s too long, and you don't seem like someone with a wide well ummm risk tolerance, most aren't, which is why we live in an era of subspecialization…

the only problem with specialist skills is they could be generalists with near specialist breadth across the board, but that's not paved, there's no one to teach you how to learn the minutia… i remember discussing the future of med with my bud like 5 yrs ago, and the ultimate irony is that being good at the nebulous is the safest profession of them all. within 5 minutes i built enough rapport with a guy to discuss his sexual abuse for an hour, i didn't ask, then again, not something i haven't done a million times. so shoot, i guess i'm like atomsmasher, a harvard cardiologist could be replaced with algorithms one day, I'm std deviations above people in a heuristic based discipline, forget robots, and you know, why do i complain about the dsm… i've been debating profs for 6 years, if society was sane i might not have had to push myself so hard… you go to harvard or something right, i might meet you there if i decide i want the ed, but honestly, i might lose my edge after four yrs of learning to pass exams, the why is useless initially, but after awhile… you start seeing those little zebras… i guess i learned to look for anything, i listened to neurologists, who in retrospect, we're 40 years out of date on some things, my condition was a zebra… quick question, should i go back to the dude and ask for the billings the guy got treating 3 similar zebras with my work, i know i'm not a doctor, but well, sometimes some docs aren't the best choice… people get to comfortable, to bad we can't pull a shell, do mass lay offs, rehire 95 percent of people, and dump the comfortable people

ya, you want my honest opinion, i never feel like what i do is enough, i'm always eager to learn from collaborative people who have different backgrounds, i only act arrogant because of insane irony when i see people who really can't touch me act as if they're something to be venerated, i live with an img internist, and besides psych, i know nothing compared to him, i guess i get the daily dose of humility, i also hear about oral exams, school here is a joke comparatively, i use to love p/f… now i think we should go back to the old system, not even p/f/h, lol…

don't worry, i tutor their mmi, my sample size is pretty high (more than one :)), and being around those guys i think ****, **** the exam, i'm reading the whole cardio text (or 3 if i remember correctly)… ironically i didn't do as good cause some answers were right, unless you knew too much, but the dude was nice.

so yeah, lol, long story eh… but details erase 200 k in debt in 2 weeks, shoot, i suppose i had to be an accountant to do that, o well, good thing i didn't let the pro's do it, they use income, there are so many avenues to getting insanely higher return, oh, sorry, that's the add, you get 3 or 4 insanely nice refunds, transfer some losses from elderly family, and wow… more monologue, lol, sorry, I'm cracking up now, i remember why most of my friends are uber chill, n like over 30... i hate being a **** like this, but ****, responding reminds me that well, i'm not good, i'm more, well if i ranked jobs based on security, med would be like 4 or 5, nice set of options. maybe i'll see you in the crowd at a talk i do sometime down the road, too long, don't bother, just remember narcissism requires grandiose estimates of skill… and i suck compared to a lot of people, based on absolute numbers of course, not percentiles, lol…

ironically, this tirade solidified a lot of facts, elaboration's sexy ;)

tl;dr monologue-maker

of course it's too long, the fifteen hundred page apa book on anxiety, or leninger's is long too, but like, why bother eh… mediocrity for the minimum, most patients can't tell the difference neways, lol.

way-too-long-didn%27t-read.jpg

Off-topic: I'm going to be sad when Gene dies. He always makes me laugh :)

I'm pretty sure he's not a physician.

Also, WTF was that? Seriously. If you want people to listen to you, writing in a clear and concise manner is crucial. All you are doing is spamming te board with clutter.

Stream of consciousness narrative (it's not like pm101 is formal anyways). I bet muse has read Ulysses at least once in his life.

why thank me, i'm not on a high horse, i didn't chose to give a ****, my socio-economic status or life changing experiences, i wish most physicians would get of their high horses, care for every patients often means variability in quality, big variation. i prefer countries where i pay cash to be honest, keeps people on their feet.

There's a difference between trying/working hard... and needing the world to think you do and thank you for it.. get off your high horse, you're not the only doc in the world to care about, as well as for, your patients.

i've never finished a fiction book in my life, i think i read as much of the odyssey as i had to to do a classics essay. i prefer vocal and auditory learning for everything, prob why feels like i'm actually ranting.

Stream of consciousness narrative (it's not like pm101 is formal anyways). I bet muse has read Ulysses at least once in his life.

i've never finished a fiction book in my life, i think i read as much of the odyssey as i had to to do a classics essay. i prefer vocal and auditory learning for everything, prob why feels like i'm actually ranting.

Don't quote my knowledge, but I feel like a good deal of intelligence is thorough use of all your senses. Before involving my vocal/auditory senses into learning, I found it pretty hard to keep up with just a visual working memory (especially with topics that emphasized linguistic participation.) Maybe it's because visual intelligence had mostly evolved for the purposes of spatial processing of your surroundings.

What's this thread about again?

Archived