Premed 101 Forums

Advantage of Applying Early?

med11

I know that for the U.S. Med Schools, there is a significant advantage to applying early- does this apply to any medical school at all in Canada?

In some other threads, some people mentioned that for the Ontario Medical Schools, there is absolutely no difference whether you submit in July or September- is this correct?

Does this also apply to medical schools in the other provinces (UBC, Mcgill, etc.)?

I know that for the U.S. Med Schools, there is a significant advantage to applying early- does this apply to any medical school at all in Canada?

In some other threads, some people mentioned that for the Ontario Medical Schools, there is absolutely no difference whether you submit in July or September- is this correct?

Does this also apply to medical schools in the other provinces (UBC, Mcgill, etc.)?

i have never heard of any advantage to applying early in Ontario , so long as it is within deadlines of course. I also think OMSAS wont receive anything you send them until a certain date in august (i think ) as well - ie you only have about a month and a half window to submit your application for a given cycle

Thanks for the responses.

Does this mean that they only start looking at the applications after the deadline? Because in the U.S., many "non-rolling schools" still look at the applications as they're sent (but don't release decisions until a certain time, which makes them non-rolling), making it advantageous to apply to even non-rolling schools early in the U.S. So, in which of the contexts are the Canadian Med Schools?

Does the no rolling admissions apply everywhere in Canada (i.e. to UBC and Mcgill as well)?

Thanks for the responses.

Does this mean that they only start looking at the applications after the deadline? Because in the U.S., many "non-rolling schools" still look at the applications as they're sent (but don't release decisions until a certain time, which makes them non-rolling), making it advantageous to apply to even non-rolling schools early in the U.S.

Does this apply everywhere in Canada (i.e. to UBC and Mcgill as well)?

yes, they receive all applications and then they are processed. I don't know of a Canadian school with rolling admissions.

Archived