Premed 101 Forums

If You Could Go To Any Medical School In Canada, Which Would it be?

Hey guys, out of curiosity, if you were guaranteed acceptance to any medical school in Canada, which would you choose to go to and why?

Also, I know that every medical school in Canada is amazing and none are better than others, but I was just wondering :P

For me, It would be McMaster because that is where I am planning to go for undergrad just because I love the campus and university and also because their research always catches my interest. :P

So, which school would it be for you?

It's a tough choice for me.

(edited out longwindedness)

MUN, Dal, Queen's, or Ottawa. For various reasons, I can't just pick one.

The programs are all relatively comparable. So, uh... Undecided? I think all the schools have their perks, so my biggest consideration is geography, lol. I'd be honoured to get into any program in any of the eight schools I intend to apply to.

I got into my dream school, ironically it was also my only interview. People are amazing (students/faculty/community in general), great tradition (pretty cool to see the first med building dated 1854), and BRAND new facilities- new med building just opened up last year.

I'm also a huge fan of a close-knit class dynamic, and Queen's is only 100 students per class year :D.

What do you mean by that?

Eminate ultra competitive keenerness, cold, condescending with a touch of god complex, incapable of conversing about anything other than the MCAT and dear god so sanctimonious

I met a coupla cool ones though but everyone seems to agree uoft med students are more likely to be of the first description

And now I have offended 1000 people

He doesn't like ethnics.

If "ethnics" was a typo for "jerkstore" then you'd be correct :D

Eminate ultra competitive keenerness, cold, condescending with a touch of god complex, incapable of conversing about anything other than the MCAT and dear god so sanctimonious

I met a coupla cool ones though but everyone seems to agree uoft med students are more likely to be of the first description

They're still talking about the MCAT? Talk about a serious case of PTSD :P

After my test I never want to think about it ever again

BURN!!!

high_five-2495.jpg

Really wish there was a 'like' button.

calgary, lol, and i was accepted there too, o well. i disagree… some are better, it's about fit more than a normative sense of good or bad, some people flourish in very different environments.

standord in north america.

Hey guys, out of curiosity, if you were guaranteed acceptance to any medical school in Canada, which would you choose to go to and why?

Also, I know that every medical school in Canada is amazing and none are better than others, but I was just wondering :P

For me, It would be McMaster because that is where I am planning to go for undergrad just because I love the campus and university and also because their research always catches my interest. :P

So, which school would it be for you?

Archived