Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS releasing scores

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has some insight into this. I'm planning on writing my MCAT August 16th and applying this year to Ontario schools this year. However, lets say I rewrite on September 6th. Then, if i release my MCAT scores to OMSAS on October 1st and don't wait until I've received my september 6th score, will med schools only see my 1st mcat score or will the second one be automatically updated to my application once the score comes in.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone too much.

Let me know.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has some insight into this. I'm planning on writing my MCAT August 16th and applying this year to Ontario schools this year. However, lets say I rewrite on September 6th. Then, if i release my MCAT scores to OMSAS on October 1st and don't wait until I've received my september 6th score, will med schools only see my 1st mcat score or will the second one be automatically updated to my application once the score comes in.

I hope I didn't confuse anyone too much.

Let me know.

Well, you'll have to release your second score as soon as you get it. Confirm with them - but I don't think they'll send your application off to schools until after the last day to release scores.

Don't forget to release both though - or else - disqualified.

Archived