Premed 101 Forums

Miscellaneous Information and Updates!

Guest konverse

Guest loud noises

well, i hope i can still join in on the party as well...seems like all the excitement started happening on this page just as i was on holidays:p

i know someone said sunday before, but how 'bout saturday the 26th, so that that on sunday be can go to bed early and be nice and rested for the first day?:rollin

Guest ap0x

the topic changed cause i asked... just curious... i like to see a good representation of my fellow chopstick-wielding brothers and sisters

and yes... EAST asian and SOUTH EAST asian are still asian... but that's just going on technicalities...

and ANOTHER topic change... from the website calendar... the last day of first year is May 7th... now is that end of CLASSES or end of EXAMS?

Guest smokeydx

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to know what's going on with the Earl's thing. Is it going to be held on August 26th at 6 pm?

Anyone care to volunteer to be the organizer? :smokin

Cheers,

Guest konverse

hey peeps

whazzup

how goes it all? hope everything is well on your respective ends!

really no news to report on, but i thought i'd bump this thread cuz maybe we should be receiving the orientation packages sometime this week? i'm basing this of course on some old info that came from the office in late-june... it would be nice to have some idea of what needs to be done and what really awaits us when things get rolling! :rollin

all in all i'm letting myself get a wee-bit excited of things to come. i'm normally a fairly steady/stable person but i think this had to do with a road trip i took up to edmonton july long weekend... i'm from calgary and wanted to get an idea of housing etc etc... anyways point of this story is that i ended up walking around uofa campus for a while (practically empty! summa summa summatime), and then made my way to the uofa hospital where i did a few laps on the main floor... i got some pretty strange looks cuz i had this big grin on my face the whole time :lol <geek!!>

after the uofa tour i saw an ad for a warehouse sale at gravity pope, which i tried to avoid but couldn't and then bought a pair of shoes that i didn't really need. 8o but the lady told me that they are a fall 2006 model so right now i'm at the cutting edge of fashion! ha!

man oh man. so that's the dilly. later!

Guest smurfette99

I'm getting really excited too, I cannot wait to go back to school (can you believe that?) I never thought I would ever say that! I've been wandering around smiling for no reason too! My boss thinks I'm crazy.

I love gravity pope, however due to a combined lack of funds and lack of willpower, I have forbidden myself to go in the store:p

So, Konverse, I will live vicariously through you! What do the shoes look like?? Please tell!

it really sucks that i don't get any time off between my masters (which i am madly trying to finihs off) and starting med... but what can you do...

just another quick questio for those of you nearby the school right now... what kind of grocery stores are within walking distance? (if any)

and what kinda of specialty grocery stores are around there? like chinese/korean, or middle easter or eastern european?

i like my wierd foods

Guest muchdutch

I don't know of any specialty grocery stores in the area. Roots is a close organic one, then Planet Organic is off whyte and a bit of a hike, but all the cultural specialty stores are in their respective areas of the city as far as I know.

perfect... that's just what i needed to hear...

how far is that from the school?

also... is there a "chinatown" type of area in edmonton? if so then where? need to plan out some grocery shopping b4 school starts :D

Guest smokeydx

lol, hmmm I would say around 20 mins walk from the University, if you're a fast walker. There is a china town in Edmonton, but from my experience the best place to buy chinese grocery is this place in West Edmonton Mall called T&T.

The china town in Edmonton is fairly spaced out though, not like the ones in Toronto... But its around, 97 St from Stony Plain to 107 Ave...

Cheers,

Archived