Premed 101 Forums

supplemental information form

Can anyone with information shed some light as to how exactly points are awarded for the 5 categories in the supplementary? I mean is it quantity? quality? or a mix of both. Also for someone with a weaker gpa so most likely not eligible for any academic awards during their undergrad and no publications, does this mean you get 0/5 on the discretionary section automatically placing you at a disadvantage?

I think that the reason that no one has replied to this is because no one really knows the answer. I'm sure that most of us know what the score we got was for ecs, but how they are actually scored is a closely guarded secret. What we do know about discretionary points is that if you have, i think, R or higher in the mcat writing section you get one, and if you work during school, depending on the hours they give points for that as well. Given that the average accepted score is usually in the 70s for the IP applicant pool, I don't think not getting discretionary points will hurt you. But it's hard to say how they score for the other sections.

Archived