Premed 101 Forums

1 Credit Courses Equivalent to?

Hello Everyone!

I would like to apply to UWO, and I will be taking a "special year" to boost my GPA. The schools says that the courses cannot be first year, nor can they be second year courses with prerequisites.

I understand that, but I am confused about how a year must be made up of "full course load of 5 full or equivalent courses".

I am from Alberta, and we usually have 3 credits per course, 30 credits per year to be full-time.

What is the minimum amount of courses I need to be considered full-time by UWO? Do I need 5 courses per semester?

Thanks!

Hello Everyone!

I would like to apply to UWO, and I will be taking a "special year" to boost my GPA. The schools says that the courses cannot be first year, nor can they be second year courses with prerequisites.

I understand that, but I am confused about how a year must be made up of "full course load of 5 full or equivalent courses".

I am from Alberta, and we usually have 3 credits per course, 30 credits per year to be full-time.

What is the minimum amount of courses I need to be considered full-time by UWO? Do I need 5 courses per semester?

Thanks!

generally it would then be 30 credit hours per year (sept to apr) - but of course verify with the office. We don't think in terms of courses because you get all of these 1/2 weight or extended courses and those make things complex :)

Archived