Premed 101 Forums

question about "research"

I did a NSERC and got a publication out of it. In this case, do you list this as one entry (awards) or two entries (research & awards)? I am finding it quite tough to have 5 entries in research for UOttawa's top5 if I don't list it as two entries. Thanks! :)

I'm definitely putting my pub separate. I think that's how it's supposed to be done.

I did a NSERC and got a publication out of it. In this case, do you list this as one entry (awards) or two entries (research & awards)? I am finding it quite tough to have 5 entries in research for UOttawa's top5 if I don't list it as two entries. Thanks! :)

My situation wasn't exactly like yours last year but I was working in the same lab (got paid for being a summer work study student) that I did my fourth year thesis (which followed my summer employment) on and I listed these under Employment and Research. Obviously, the descriptions for the two sections were completely different so I;m thinking you can do that for NSERC (under Awards) and your publication (under Research). This might give you more space to describe what your publication was on, authorship etc.

Archived