Premed 101 Forums

getting accepted

Probably comes down to learning from past mistakes. People usually get better at interviewing with practice. And as for fifth year, maybe they use the extra year to plump up their application. Just a guess. To be honest I haven't noticed a pattern :P

it seems like the only ppl that get in with a 9vr is when they interview twice, or did a fifth year...any secrete rule..or am I scrutinizing too much.

Nah this isn't the case.. I had a 9vr, SWOMEN of course but I got in.. In the end it definitely comes down to your interview skills and how well you present yourself

it seems like the only ppl that get in with a 9vr is when they interview twice, or did a fifth year...any secrete rule..or am I scrutinizing too much.

I actually fall perfecting into that category. I have a 9 in VR, completed a 5th year, and got accepted from my 2nd time applying.

To be honest, the 5th year just helped me learn from my mistakes and practice interview questions. Being accepted with a 9 in VR is most definitely possible when its your first time applying.

Your interview either makes you, or breaks you.

Let's hope for the former.

I actually fall perfecting into that category. I have a 9 in VR, completed a 5th year, and got accepted from my 2nd time applying.

To be honest, the 5th year just helped me learn from my mistakes and practice interview questions. Being accepted with a 9 in VR is most definitely possible when its your first time applying.

Your interview either makes you, or breaks you.

Let's hope for the former.

I see. It would be nice to see how admissions are conducted, but I can appreciate why the school wants to keep somethings unknown. Congrats on your acceptance btw! If you dont mind me asking what were your stats like...does swomen actually help that much? I'm strong academically (>3.95 best two years). But I feel that the 9VR in verbal puts me at the bottom of the pool.

I see. It would be nice to see how admissions are conducted, but I can appreciate why the school wants to keep somethings unknown. Congrats on your acceptance btw! If you dont mind me asking what were your stats like...does swomen actually help that much? I'm strong academically (>3.95 best two years). But I feel that the 9VR in verbal puts me at the bottom of the pool.

Looks like you have better stats than me so CHIN UP! :D

My best 2 years GPA: 3.84

MCAT: 10/9/11 Q

SWOMEN

I was high waitlisted this year and eventually accepted.

So don't lose hope. Based purely on stats, you have a better shot that I did! Of course the biggest variable is your interview. So if I were you, I would submit all my applications, then eventually begin practicing and prepping for the interview.

Hope to see you next year ;):)

Archived