Premed 101 Forums

Houla Massacre perpetrated by Al-Qaeda

s5260205

Was reading random news articles on the Huffington Post and came across this article.

Basically it talks about the difficulty for journalists to conduct groundwork reporting with Syrian locals even when accompanied by the Rebels. "Each warring side simultaneously fights a public relations war in the media", as the article puts it.

Then came this article left in the comment section that suggests that the Houla Massacre was perpetrated by Al-Qaeda death squads and that the media has been intentionally manipulated by the government.

Certainly, many of the points offered in the above article sounds like some conspiracy theories that can't be really validated. However, the article does cite the German newspaper Die Welt that reports Al-Qaeda is "all over Syria".

After some quick Google searches, this is the article cited from the Asia Times Online.

It is at times like this I don't know what to believe anymore. It reminds me of Gaddafi and Libya and this video.

I understand that as Canadians these events are rather unrelated, but what are your thoughts on these?

Unfortunately, no. There's no way to disinguish truth from falsehood in this. Syrian channels can't but be pro-regime, Western channels are anti-regime because the West sees Assad as a threat to their interests (they don't care about democracy and human rights, and their silence on Bahrain show this).

Unfortunately, no. There's no way to disinguish truth from falsehood in this. Syrian channels can't but be pro-regime, Western channels are anti-regime because the West sees Assad as a threat to their interests (they don't care about democracy and human rights, and their silence on Bahrain show this).

Who is the "they" that you are saying don't care about human rights or democracy, the West or Asaad?

+1, so true. The West is condemning Assad for the same reasons that Russia and China are supporting the regime.

The Western governments. They only care about the oil in the ME.

Not saying that Bashar cares about democracy and human rights.

Interesting. Is it your position then, that middle eastern govts/organizations DO care about democracy and human rights?

Interesting. Is it your position then, that middle eastern govts/organizations DO care about democracy and human rights?

I think the more logical conclusion would be that no government cares enough about democracy and human rights to go interfere with other countries unless they have an ulterior motive.

Where did I say they do?

As PhoenixFlare500, no government cares about democracy and human rights. Politicians only care about their interests, alos, they all dream about ruling forever.

Archived