Premed 101 Forums

MCAT WS

Guest misagh

Guest misagh

Hello,

I know that the U of A uses the WS as something like 5% of the score when deciding who gets interviews. I'm wondering, do you have to get above a certain score on your WS (is there a cutoff of some kind) or will they take whatever score you have and make it worth 5%?

I managed to bomb my WS on this writing of the MCAT, although my previous WS score was OK. Also, does U of A take your most recent MCAT, do they average, do they somehow consider past writings to see if there was improvement, etc?

Thanks in advance,

Guest smokeydx

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not the best person to reply. But from what I understand they take your WS along with everything else, except your reference letters to get a score and the decision on an interview it based on that. (I don't know the cutoff for that). In regards to multiple MCATS, I think they take the best set... I dunno if you're asking if they would just consider taking your best WS score out of the MCATs you've taken...

Hope it helps...

Cheers,

Guest loud noises

Hey there,

From what I remember being told, you'll get the full 5% if you got a T, a 4 if you obtained either an R or S, a 3 for a Q...those I know for sure!

So, I'm assuming, that a 2 for a P, and a 1 for an O...I don't think they consider anything below N/O level.

Guest loud noises

haha, One other thing...someone can correct me if I'm wrong (because I might be mixing up all the other schools I applied too), but I think U of A takes your best MCAT scores, and thus would use whatever the writing sample score would be on that particular test you wrote.

• 4 months later...
Hey there,

From what I remember being told, you'll get the full 5% if you got a T, a 4 if you obtained either an R or S, a 3 for a Q...those I know for sure!

So, I'm assuming, that a 2 for a P, and a 1 for an O...I don't think they consider anything below N/O level.

Here's what she told me:

T - 5

N - 0

So maybe it's like this:

T - 5

S - 4

R - 4

Q - 3

P - 2

O - 1

N - 0

Archived