Premed 101 Forums

Slow Replies from Admissions

Guest Paulchemguy

Guest Paulchemguy

I'm asking something about admission requirements and OOP stat,etc. I emailed 1-2 weeks ago, and still hasn't gotten a reply? I actually re-emailed shortly after. Anyone having the same problem?

Thanks.

Cheers,

Paul

Guest jgray2

i've e-mailed them before, but they just don't seem to like replying. i ended up calling them long distance during business hours (taking lunch into consideration). it worked because it's very hard for them to ignore real phone calls.

or it could possibly be that the admissions office likes to do things 4 or so months later. for example, i just received my pre-interview rejection last week!

Guest loud noises

unfortunately, i've learned that e-mail is not the way to go with admissions, and i have a ualberta e-mail account, so it obviously wouldn't look like i'm sending spam. sometimes, i do get an e-mail reply, but i think that especially right now, they're busy with sending out acceptances that they really don't have the time to be answering other questions.

phone calls will get things done right away...i know it sucks if it's long distance:(

that letter saying they're unable to offer you an interview is an official rejection later after they've decided acceptances & waitlists...they wait so long to send them out because of what happened a few years ago, when they ended up interviewing and accepting people they originally rejected.

Guest ComplacentTragedy

You know how to say that those with endurance and patience are the ones that get into med school?

Yeahhhhh.... this is why.

Archived