Premed 101 Forums

Chances with really low BS & PS MCAT scores

I will be submitting my application to UofC with a high GPA, but a very unbalanced MCAT. I am re-writing the MCAT and will hopefully get a solid VR (10+), but my BS and PS scores will be VERY low (I am a non-trad student with no science background)... I know VR is more important, but I wonder if my application would have any chance with such low BS/PS scores.. Did anyone get in last year with very low scores? Is the subjective review the only part that it could pull me down?

The 22M was an IP, with a 3.9 GPA.

The deal is you have to make the minimum cut off for GPA and VR on the application. Then it goes to full-file review and hopefully your activities are solid and written well. Once you get an interview its anyone's game; if you nail that, your chance is good of getting in.

Bottom line: Its possible, but don't expect it. Spend lots of time on your application to make sure its flawless, and start practicing for the MMI early, and make sure you are comfortable. Good luck!

Hi motivated,

Everyone needs to meet the minimum GPA & MCAT cut-offs, doesn't matter if you are IP or OOP. The only difference is that only the eligible OOP applications go through a full-review whereas all IP applications go through a full review (even the ones that don't meet the criteria). I hope this helps. But remember, schools keep changing their requirements and there is a lot of grey area how evalautions are done and seats are allocated to applicants. Anyhow good luck. Try improving your MCAT, I am surprised besides having a high GPA you couldn't do well on PS and BS. Good Luck!

Hi motivated,

Try improving your MCAT, I am surprised besides having a high GPA you couldn't do well on PS and BS. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info - will try my best on the MCAT on Friday. I am a non-traditional applicant. I never took a science course during undergrad, that is why I am struggling with BS and PS, but hopefully I can pull these scores up a bit on Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived