Premed 101 Forums

omsas reference letters

Ranjit4

Hello,

I understand that the reference forms must be filled out and sent by mail by the referees themselves to omsas. If I apply more than once, will these referees have to fill out another reference letter again, or can the ones from the previous year be reused? If so, how would this process work? Will omsas have your previous references on record?

Thank you!

Hello,

I understand that the reference forms must be filled out and sent by mail by the referees themselves to omsas. If I apply more than once, will these referees have to fill out another reference letter again, or can the ones from the previous year be reused? If so, how would this process work? Will omsas have your previous references on record?

Thank you!

All of this is on the OMSAS website...

In order of question: yes, no, n/a, no.

Hello,

Thank you!

Yes, referees will have to fill out a new reference letter. Reference letters can be "reused" in the sense that your referee can copy and paste exactly what they had on the old letter onto a new one. But no, OMSAS does not save previous reference letters.

All of this is on the OMSAS website...

In order of question: yes, no, n/a, no.

So it would be safe to assume changing a few words around on the reference letter won't cause any damage to you in the application process? Is it a common practice?

Edit: Never mind, just saw simtim's answer.

Archived