Premed 101 Forums

AP transcript necessary?

Hi, just wondering, do i really need to try to dig and go get my Calculus AP transcript when applying for med? It has been 4 yrs since High School.....

I was given the credit in my first year, but i'm wondering since i'm apply after my 4th year and they remove your worst year (which is my 1st year), should i bother??

I appreciate the help :)

Hi, just wondering, do i really need to try to dig and go get my Calculus AP transcript when applying for med? It has been 4 yrs since High School.....

I was given the credit in my first year, but i'm wondering since i'm apply after my 4th year and they remove your worst year (which is my 1st year), should i bother??

I appreciate the help :)

Yes, you have to send AP transcript irrespective of any logical reason against it. That was the rule before and it appears that it still is.

"All post-secondary transcripts including IB and AP, with current registration indicated (fall/winter term) must be received by the Registrar's Office by November 1."

Do you need to submit the transcript even if you didn't take credits for the course for university?

If u chose not to take the credits then u don't have to submit anything.... Just make sure on your transcript it doesn't say "granted AP credit for [blah blah]" at the top of ur transcript.

They never asked me for my AP transcript. Both my AP courses were accepted by my undergrad for credit, and one of them counted towards my GPA for my BA. I don't know if the fact that they had been accepted by my undergrad towards my degree was the reason why UGME never asked for a transcript.

Archived