Premed 101 Forums

Shot at pharmacy

doujean

Hello,

I was hoping some of you could help me answer some of my questions about pharmacy.

I have only completed one year of university level studies, completing science pre-requirements (biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics and calculus) for occupational therapy at the Université de Montréal (these requirements are also the same for pharmacy and dental med @ UofM).

So my gpa only includes these science courses and is at 3,44 on a 4,3 scale which is exactly 80%. I think it is an overall good gpa, but on the low side for pharmacy, since I would like to apply to other pharmacy schools in Canada...

Next year I will be starting my bachelor's degree in OT (in quebec we have a combined B. Sc. Ot / Ms. OT curriculum, I would like to know what would be the perfect gpa to have a good chance at pharm?

I would also like to know which pharm schools in Canada have a good reputation...I was considering applying to U of Montreal, Dalhousie, USask and MUN.

Last question, would any of you know a university where I could complete English courses from a distance.

If you have any useful information, do not hesitate :)

Thank you in advance!

From what I read around here, most schools will want to see at least a 3.70 (on a 4.0 scale) in order to be competitive. That corresponds to somewhere around 4.0 out of 4.3, so an A average. Pharmacy is quite competitive.

I can't really help you with your other questions... haven't quite read and googled enough yet. :)

I'm studying med in French and from what you write and how you write, you are a lot better in English than I am in French. :) I am no longer having any difficulty in French and cannot imagine you will have a problem in English. :P

When I was in undergrad, I aimed always for the best of which I was capable and was not focused on what grade per se I needed. I had to work very, very hard always as learning did not come easy to me but I maintained straight As. So my advice is simply to do the very best of wehcih you are capable, make academics your only priority and live with no regrets. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Yeah yeah I know that's the liberal thing to say, but get real.:) (What maybe 1/1000 people would choose pharmacist over physician). Apparently 3.7 is a high applicant GPA though so we can't have this discussion, because that wouldn't be very competitive for med school anyway, so it's not like they had the choice.

Yeah yeah I know that's the liberal thing to say, but get real.:) (What maybe 1/1000 people would choose pharmacist over physician). Apparently 3.7 is a high applicant GPA though so we can't have this discussion, because that wouldn't be very competitive for med school anyway, so it's not like they had the choice.

I'm applying to Pharmacy with a 3.9 GPA.

Also, believe me, people with 3.8 get rejected for Pharmacy too.

Hello,

I was hoping some of you could help me answer some of my questions about pharmacy.

I have only completed one year of university level studies, completing science pre-requirements (biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, physics and calculus) for occupational therapy at the Université de Montréal (these requirements are also the same for pharmacy and dental med @ UofM).

So my gpa only includes these science courses and is at 3,44 on a 4,3 scale which is exactly 80%. I think it is an overall good gpa, but on the low side for pharmacy, since I would like to apply to other pharmacy schools in Canada...

Next year I will be starting my bachelor's degree in OT (in quebec we have a combined B. Sc. Ot / Ms. OT curriculum, I would like to know what would be the perfect gpa to have a good chance at pharm?

I would also like to know which pharm schools in Canada have a good reputation...I was considering applying to U of Montreal, Dalhousie, USask and MUN.

Last question, would any of you know a university where I could complete English courses from a distance.

If you have any useful information, do not hesitate :)

Thank you in advance!

Oh my god, I totally read this wrong like, "I was shot at the pharmacy". I started panicking.

Good luck!

Archived