Premed 101 Forums

Alberta application questions

Guest Scholastica

Guest Scholastica

Hello Aberta med students

Can I please ask you several questions regarding the application?

1) When listing "the employment record", should I briefly explain my responsibilities, duration, and contat information for a verifier?

2) The last question is "Is there anything else relevant to your application that you feel the committee should take into consideration? If not, please type 'NO'. (Maximum 10 lines)". I am wondering if they are looking for an aboriginal/minority status or rural residency? Or, can I choose an extracurricular activity and elaborate on it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Guest coolguy3650

I 'll take a stab at number two. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think there is another part of the application that asks whether you are aboriginal or not. Minority status and rural residency are probably not things you should put in that area. I would put only special circumstances that may have hurt your application (e.g. you're a single mother who had to raise a family, go to work, and go to school at the same time).Definately don't choose an EC and eleborate, there are other parts of the application for that.

Guest Lactic Folly

What you have for #1 sounds good.. About the last question, it's up to you if there is anything else you'd like the committee and interviewers to read. I don't think it would hurt you to elaborate on an EC if you have something interesting to say.

Archived