Premed 101 Forums

UBC Application Question

bee23

I began filling out my UBC application today, and I noticed that at the end of the application they ask what other dental schools and what medical schools you are applying to.

Does anyone know why they do this? Does it count against you if you are applying to many different dental schools? Does it count against you if you are applying to medical schools also? If you said that you weren't applying to other schools but then did, would they have any way of accessing that information?

It just caught me off guard, I've never seen questions like this on any application!

Thanks!

I began filling out my UBC application today, and I noticed that at the end of the application they ask what other dental schools and what medical schools you are applying to.

Does anyone know why they do this? Does it count against you if you are applying to many different dental schools? Does it count against you if you are applying to medical schools also? If you said that you weren't applying to other schools but then did, would they have any way of accessing that information?

It just caught me off guard, I've never seen questions like this on any application!

Thanks!

I think honesty is very important. If you provide false information and for some particular reason they find out.. It is hard to determine what and how they are going to review your application.

Just my thoughts.

They can't tell. They won't know. They can't ask. And it doesn't factor into your chances. So really, telling them the truth doesn't hurt. Neither is not telling, but I like to think you are applying to a professional program so you should be professional about it.

The info isn't even passed around adcom. I think they do it for statistical purposes.

Thanks!

Archived