Premed 101 Forums

Interview Info Chart

Telric

Hey everyone, I looked around at the schools that I'm applying to and made a chart with some info. Maybe some other people will find it useful!

Feel free to help me make it more accurate/complete.

:)

good job! thanks. I wish I had more to add.. every time I check on these dates I forget which school they belong to. :confused:

Saskatchewan is 100% MCAT??

From Saskatchewan's website.

All out-of-province resident applications must meet both Sections 1 and 2

1. MCAT Requirement.

2. Degree Requirement. Application by out-of-province applicants can be made only during or after the final year of a four year degree. If a four year degree is completed prior to application, course-work for the degree must have been completed within a 48 month period. If applicants are in the final year of a four year degree, a minimum of 90 credit units must have been completed in the 36 months prior to the end of August immediately before application. All courses completed towards the four year degree at the date of application will be used for calculation of the grade-point average (GPA). The minimum GPA required for application will be 83.0%. The four year degree must be completed by the time study of medicine starts. All remaining courses completed for the degree after the date of application must minimally average 83.0%.

Saskatchewan is 100% MCAT??

From Saskatchewan's website.

All out-of-province resident applications must meet both Sections 1 and 2

1. MCAT Requirement.

2. Degree Requirement. Application by out-of-province applicants can be made only during or after the final year of a four year degree. If a four year degree is completed prior to application, course-work for the degree must have been completed within a 48 month period. If applicants are in the final year of a four year degree, a minimum of 90 credit units must have been completed in the 36 months prior to the end of August immediately before application. All courses completed towards the four year degree at the date of application will be used for calculation of the grade-point average (GPA). The minimum GPA required for application will be 83.0%. The four year degree must be completed by the time study of medicine starts. All remaining courses completed for the degree after the date of application must minimally average 83.0%.

The GPA is just a cut-off, so I don't include it in my formula. A student with a 94% GPA and a 33MCAT is ranked lower than a student with an 84% GPA and a 34MCAT. I emailed admissions about this a little while ago.

And I didn't know the info about Dal/Queens. Thanks guys!

The GPA is just a cut-off, so I don't include it in my formula. A student with a 94% GPA and a 33MCAT is ranked lower than a student with an 84% GPA and a 34MCAT. I emailed admissions about this a little while ago.

And I didn't know the info about Dal/Queens. Thanks guys!

There is a GPA requirement though, regardless of ranking. That being said, they look at all four years now right?

There is a GPA requirement though, regardless of ranking. That being said, they look at all four years now right?

That's true, there is a GPA requirement. For my purposes though, I'm interested in what qualified applicants will be judged based on for the purposes of obtaining an interview. Since OOP applicants below the cut-off will not even be evaluated, they don't really comprise a segment that interests me, in terms of pre-interview rankings.

Yes, the 83% cut-off is from all 4 years, and I don't believe they drop any grades from that. I suppose that makes it a harder cut-off to meet; however, I'm still quite surprised how different it is from the previous cycle where GPA was king (i.e. a minimum of 90% to get an interview).

That's true, there is a GPA requirement. For my purposes though, I'm interested in what qualified applicants will be judged based on for the purposes of obtaining an interview. Since OOP applicants below the cut-off will not even be evaluated, they don't really comprise a segment that interests me, in terms of pre-interview rankings.

Yes, the 83% cut-off is from all 4 years, and I don't believe they drop any grades from that. I suppose that makes it a harder cut-off to meet; however, I'm still quite surprised how different it is from the previous cycle where GPA was king (i.e. a minimum of 90% to get an interview).

Yeah, but you're posting a general advice type picture people can use. They won't know that you're not including certain aspects. They'll think, like I did, that Saskatchewan is 100% MCAT, or another school has X factor weighted at Y when really it's YZ and A. In any event, just thought I'd point out the MCAT thing so people don't get tripped up.

I know someone OOP last year who had a 92 I think, and the cutoff was 93? :\ Brutal.

They used to count best two or recent 2 years I think as well. I think this system of 4 years, but a lower cutoff is better. It'll allow for more competition.

Archived