Premed 101 Forums

Finish a Master of Science in Physiotherapy?

I'm currently enrolled in a master of science in Physiotherapy. In case you don't know, there's no thesis and no supervisor - it's all course and clinical placements.

Anyway, the last placement doesn't technically finish until mid september so I wouldn't be able to finish the program. Will Ontario schools still accept me if I don't graduate? I know they look down on that for research Masters, but since this is very different I'm wondering if there is more leeway.

I know someone who got into Ottawa without graduating from the Occupational therapy program, just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this.

MacMaster and UOttawa don't care if you don't graduate the grad degree. Every other school does care and you can't drop the grad degree. You applied with it, so they expect you to finish it. However, if all you need is a few days in September to finish it, some schools like UofT have been known in the past to let that slide. You'd have to contact the school since it's a case by case basis sort of thing.

Archived