Premed 101 Forums

MMI face to face practice group

Hi,

I'm applying at Dalhousie this year (awaiting interview invites) as a NB resident and currently starting to prepare for the MMIs. I thought it would be nice if we could form a group in Moncton, Halifax or both to get together and practice different scenarios with people we don't know. I think this would help a lot as we would have the chance to practice both as an interviewee and interviewer, thus not only practicing how to formulate our answers but also gaining incite on what interviewers go through as well. If you are interested please email me your name, email and location (Moncton or Halifax) and we can go from there. Hope this works, we could possibly make it a weekly thing.

Thank you,

Joel Prive

privejoel@gmail.com

Hi,

I'm applying at Dalhousie this year (awaiting interview invites) as a NB resident and currently starting to prepare for the MMIs. I thought it would be nice if we could form a group in Moncton, Halifax or both to get together and practice different scenarios with people we don't know. I think this would help a lot as we would have the chance to practice both as an interviewee and interviewer, thus not only practicing how to formulate our answers but also gaining incite on what interviewers go through as well. If you are interested please email me your name, email and location (Moncton or Halifax) and we can go from there. Hope this works, we could possibly make it a weekly thing.

Thank you,

Joel Prive

privejoel@gmail.com

I'd be interested in this in halifax but could only meet up once maybe twice because of thesis work and some other stuff I have going on. What is the interest like so far?

Glad to hear I'm not the only one wanting a bit of practice before-hand! I am currently in the process of organizing our first meeting in Halifax (as no one else seems to be from Moncton) and will post the possible dates as soon as I figure out the times that suit the most people.

Would most of you be able to make it on Saturday October 27th at 1pm (location TBA)? If we had enough rooms we could even set up computers with those interested to practice via skype (maybe to far-fetched but hey could work). We can work out the details once we establish a specific date.

Cheers

Joel

• 2 weeks later...

So our first mock MMI is confirmed and booked:

Where: Woodlawn Library, Dartmouth

When: Saturday October 27th, 2012 from 1pm to 3pm

Please confirm your presence on Saturday if you are serious about attending as we must organize the session according to the number of people present.

Please confirm your participation by emailing me at privejoel@gmail.com

Cheers

Joel

Hey everyone!

Similar to Joel, I was interested in getting an MMI practice group going. I have been through the Dal MMI before and was one of the lucky people to have the pleasure of enjoying the waitlist this past summer ;P Given the feedback, I know I scored above average on the interview and would like to do the same this year.

I know it takes some good practice and a diverse group to get ready for the interviews, so if you are interested in some great practice please PM me.

Congrats and good luck to everyone who got an interview this year :)

Archived