Premed 101 Forums

Agpa

nawrp11

Hi there. I am pretty new to this forum so please don't bash me for this "noob" question. I'm wondering if any other university in Canada adjusts the applicants GPA during the admissions process besides University of Manitoba; I researched a bit on various canadian med schools and was unable to find an answer.

thanks

Hi there. I am pretty new to this forum so please don't bash me for this "noob" question. I'm wondering if any other university in Canada adjusts the applicants GPA during the admissions process besides University of Manitoba; I researched a bit on various canadian med schools and was unable to find an answer.

thanks

Many do - actually in Ontario for instance it is rare for a school not to have a system of adjusting the GPA under specific rules.

I see. Would you know the specific procedures taken when adjusting GPA's taken by school like, say university of toronto or UBC?

If you had a full course load (5 full year courses/year) and you're applying as a 4th year UofT will let you drop your lowest full year (or 2 half year) marks from each year.

I don't know about UBC

Archived