Premed 101 Forums

Rads interviews-thoughts

not sure if that's sarcasm...4/6 is pretty good by any measure unless you truly believe you are miles above the rest of the applicants...

yeah 4/6 doesn't sound bad to me! I have a sense that all the schools are looking for somewhat different things - it is hard to optimize for all schools as a result, particularly with CARMS forcing you to use the same CV everywhere. Ideally (although more complex of course) it would be nice to tailor the CV to each school, just like I would do with a resume in a job search.

• 2 weeks later...

question guys - can anyone confirm they got an interview from Western. so far no one from that school actually says they got one as far as I can tell and that includes basically anyone applying from there. Possible of course but also rather odd. Our master thread says they are out of course and collectively we are curious as to what is going on.

question guys - can anyone confirm they got an interview from Western. so far no one from that school actually says they got one as far as I can tell and that includes basically anyone applying from there. Possible of course but also rather odd. Our master thread says they are out of course and collectively we are curious as to what is going on.

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly...do you mean people who are applying to rads from Western didn't hear from Western regarding interviews yet?

I know a few people who for sure have received an invite from Western already (although none of them go to school there). The invites came on the last day before universities went on holidays, and they were staggered (individualized emails, happened throughout the day). It's possible that they just haven't sent out the invites to students from Western yet. It makes zero sense that none of you would get an invite. Maybe they are arranging an alternative day to interview all the home school students? I don't think it hurts to ask the program administrator and find out what's going on, but that would be my guess.

Not sure if I'm understanding you correctly...do you mean people who are applying to rads from Western didn't hear from Western regarding interviews yet?

I know a few people who for sure have received an invite from Western already (although none of them go to school there). The invites came on the last day before universities went on holidays, and they were staggered (individualized emails, happened throughout the day). It's possible that they just haven't sent out the invites to students from Western yet. It makes zero sense that none of you would get an invite. Maybe they are arranging an alternative day to interview all the home school students? I don't think it hurts to ask the program administrator and find out what's going on, but that would be my guess.

Thanks for the update! Anything is possible in CARMS and I am not of course saying isn't possible that the main people I know from Western didn't get an interview - no one should be that arrogant in this game. Still you know it was and is just a little odd that so far no one I know from the school got one with everyone doing an elective (often 4 weeks of electives in total) here etc, etc. I am just checking on all the possibilities at this point because there was some collective confusion :)

Thanks for the update! Anything is possible in CARMS and I am not of course saying isn't possible the main people I know from Western didn't get an interview - no one should be that arrogant in this game. Still you know it was and is just a little odd that so far no one I know from the school got one with everyone doing an elective (often 4 weeks of electives in total) here etc, etc. I am just checking on all the possibilities at this point because there was some collective confusion :)

No prob. I honestly wouldn't worry if I were you guys, the situation you describe sounds like a near-impossibility...

Seem strange I was told that uwo basically offers an interview if you do an elective there

This certainly is not true by the way. Just to start with there are in the fall alone over 36 people at the school between all four sites. Then there are all the electives students the rest of the year as well. They only interview ah 26? The school is known to heavily favour people who do an onsite elective and only interviews about 1/3 of the people that apply.

This certainly is not true by the way. Just to start with there are in the fall alone over 36 people at the school between all four sites. Then there are all the electives students the rest of the year as well. They only interview ah 26? The school is known to heavily favour people who do an onsite elective and only interviews about 1/3 of the people that apply.

I'd imagine quite a few of the elective students aren't necessarily applying to radiology...

I'd imagine quite a few of the elective students aren't necessarily applying to radiology...

Sure there are a chunk there as well (although not as many as you would think it seem). I guess I am assuming on some level that if you travel to western for a rads elective you are pretty likely to actually want to apply to radiology. I suppose there are exceptions(?)

Sure there are a chunk there as well (although not as many as you would think it seems). I guess I am assuming on some level that if you travel to western for a rads elective you are pretty likely to actually want to apply to radiology. I suppose there are exceptions(?)

you are probably right, especially for students who are visiting from other places. I guess I was referring more to students at Western who does a rads elective there don't necessarily want rads. I know many people at my school who did that.

you are probably right, especially for students who are visiting from other places. I guess I was referring more to students at Western who does a rads elective there don't necessarily want rads. I know many people at my school who did that.

absolutely - a lot of people do that here. Actually I wasn't able to do a 4 week elective at Western this past fall because it was too over loaded with other students. First time I think that was not able to be done that I am aware of.

I think my point overall still stands - getting an interview is not even highly probably just because you did an interview on site. With all the fallout lately this cycle I know from friends that you can have interviews and even letters of reference from important staff and still not be interviews. Obviously disappointing but such unfortunately is the nature of CARMS.

It is very true. I have also found the nature of this process to be rather convoluted, but then again is life.

Did you figure out the interview situation rmorelan? Hope you have gotten your Western interview.

SG

absolutely - a lot of people do that here. Actually I wasn't able to do a 4 week elective at Western this past fall because it was too over loaded with other students. First time I think that was not able to be done that I am aware of.

I think my point overall still stands - getting an interview is not even highly probably just because you did an interview on site. With all the fallout lately this cycle I know from friends that you can have interviews and even letters of reference from important staff and still not be interviews. Obviously disappointing but such unfortunately is the nature of CARMS.

Archived