Premed 101 Forums

Rads interviews-thoughts

what are peoples thoughts on the competitiveness of radiology this year? going in i expected it to be lower than last year but now im not so sure...

all speculation but I heard that there were quite a few more than normal from several large centres. I thought as a result it might be a more competitive somewhat than last year.

Who knows of course though :)

all speculation but I heard that there were quite a few more than normal from several large centres. I thought as a result it might be a more competitive somewhat than last year.

Who knows of course though :)

That's what I thought as well. Even while talking to the main contacts for scheduling interviews, they seemed to give the impression that there were an increased number of people overall this year. So I think that is the case. However, a resident recently commented that he heard there were fewer applicants this year than normal. Not sure where he heard it from, and if from a med student, then that's not reliable anyway.

I know many people at my school have 10+ interviews for rads, is that a common pattern across Canada?

you must have some great applicants at your school, not the case at all at mine

That's what I thought as well. Even while talking to the main contacts for scheduling interviews, they seemed to give the impression that there were an increased number of people overall this year. So I think that is the case. However, a resident recently commented that he heard there were fewer applicants this year than normal. Not sure where he heard it from, and if from a med student, then that's not reliable anyway.

the number of applicants fluctuate from year to year, this year is one of the lower # years (reliable source, but take it as you like I guess), but I doubt the number of quality applicants change, which is what matters at the end of the day

yeah we probably do. Also, from a very reliable source, the # of applicants to my home program has increased but the same # of invites went out.

you must have some great applicants at your school, not the case at all at mine

the number of applicants fluctuate from year to year, this year is one of the lower # years (reliable source, but take it as you like I guess), but I doubt the number of quality applicants change, which is what matters at the end of the day

yeah we probably do. Also, from a very reliable source, the # of applicants to my home program has increased but the same # of invites went out.

interesting...I've heard about multiple institutions having lower #s than last year, which program are you at?

Archived