Premed 101 Forums

# of Rads Invites each school

• 2 weeks later...
Clinical investigator program I believe

75 seems really high tho where did that number come from

oh duh of course sorry.

Yeah it does seem high but what do I know - they have set aside quite some time for interviews so I was expecting a big number, just not that big.

oh duh of course sorry.

Yeah it does seem high but what do I know - they have set aside quite some time for interviews so I was expecting a big number, just not that big.

Aren't there usually like 100-110 applicants to rads? 75 seems like a significant amount not to mention that there are people that did electives there and didn't get an interview this year.

Aren't there usually like 100-110 applicants to rads? 75 seems like a significant amount not to mention that there are people that did electives there and didn't get an interview this year.

Plus a fraction of those applicants probably only speak french(?) Curious how big of an effect that would be overall.

75 seems really high, I have doubts about the accuracy. Each school seem to interview approximately 6 applicants for one position. If there are people who did an elective at UofT and didn't get an interview, it makes the number even more unlikely.

I heard Queens is interviewing 30.

And yeah, 75 seems like a huge number for U of T.

What is that a 10 to 1 ratio for Queens? Flashback to the year they interviewed most of us (what was it 850 people for 100 spots?) You have to admire how much effort that school puts into things like this.

Geez! This is making me feel very uncomfortable about the number of interviews I have. If the interviews: spots ratio is that high, I don't think I have good chances at all.

What do you guys think is a good number of interviews to have? (I know, I know, it all depends, even one is enough, etc. etc.)

Geez! This is making me feel very uncomfortable about the number of interviews I have. If the interviews: spots ratio is that high, I don't think I have good chances at all.

What do you guys think is a good number of interviews to have? (I know, I know, it all depends, even one is enough, etc. etc.)

I've heard anything over 5 is pretty good. It's tough to say though

I've heard anything over 5 is pretty good. It's tough to say though

Yeah, it's definitely tough to say.

Five seems a bit low. :-/ The number that was thrown at me was 8 or more, which to be honest seems kind of ridiculous (though I'm sure there are people with that many).

If the average interviews: spots ratio is 6-10, I wonder how many of those can be eliminated due to overlap. I mean, out of the 75 people that got interviews at UofT, many will have interviews elsewhere too, and may not even rank UofT highly. So the ratio would be somewhat less. I'm probably not making much sense... just freaking out.

Yeah, it's definitely tough to say.

Five seems a bit low. :-/ The number that was thrown at me was 8 or more, which to be honest seems kind of ridiculous (though I'm sure there are people with that many).

If the average interviews: spots ratio is 6-10, I wonder how many of those can be eliminated due to overlap. I mean, out of the 75 people that got interviews at UofT, many will have interviews elsewhere too, and may not even rank UofT highly. So the ratio would be somewhat less. I'm probably not making much sense... just freaking out.

No that makes perfect sense - it is the only way people end up matching at all actually - it is insanely hard to get in at any one particular school - 1/6 chances shall we say and all. It is the cumulative effect of multiple interviews that makes it work.

It means the schools themselves often don't get who they really want either. This isn't just all fun and games for us after all. Residency program directors have a lot on the line here as well.

Archived