Premed 101 Forums

I hate students who take Kinesiology as an EASY way to get into medical school

It's so unfair. Here I am working my a** off for a Biochemistry degree, sacrificing my social life and leisure activities as a result.

And here are these hoards of students pursuing a degree in Kinesiology for the easy marks, just so they can get into Medicine.

HAHAHAHAHA... just the frustration I felt from people taking degrees in kin, econ, music, soc, etc... not just sacrifices your social life... but is harder to get good marks in... so lowers your chances of gettting into medicine...

If you two can't handle the rigors of your program, change your major. Take an easy degree, for God's sake, quit *****ing. If you can't handle biochemistry and get the grades you need for med and have time for all the other stuff, then don't do it. It's a simple concept really. Getting in is all a game, learn to play it.

If you two can't handle the rigors of your program, change your major. Take an easy degree, for God's sake, quit *****ing. If you can't handle biochemistry and get the grades you need for med and have time for all the other stuff, then don't do it. It's a simple concept really. Getting in is all a game, learn to play it.

+1. Not to mention, what is easy for one, may not be easy for another.

I know people who get 95+ in all their engineering courses, yet they get 70s and 80s in their supposedly "easy" elective courses, like sociology, psychology, and history. These are obviously intelligent people, since they are getting As and A+ grades in their engineering courses, but only Bs, B+s and A-s in their "easy" electives.

So you're saying the College of Medicine is encouraging applicants to take the easy way?

No wonder the College of Medicine is losing its accreditation, as a result of admitting incompetent students.

At the University of Saskatchewan, graduating medical students’ national exam grades have been the lowest in the country for the past two years.

Read more: http://www.thestarphoenix.com/University+Saskatchewan+council+vote+again+changes+College+Medicine/7727909/story.html

But seriously, regardless of degree, everyone should write the MCAT.

I'm sure the guy who took the challenge to pursue a biochemistry degree will score higher than the pussy who decided to pursue an easy degree.

I'll agree with that (that everyone should write, not about your hateful comment that followed), I really liked the MCAT, and I thought my education in chemistry really helped as I have developed better logic, problem solving, reasoning, etc than a lot of students who have taken easier programs.

What I'm saying, is to play the game the way that best suits your skills. I'm graduating with a 3.99 cGPA in a BScH chemistry and still found time to box throughout 3 or 4 provinces, play varsity basketball one year, volunteer, tutor, TA, etc. It worked fine for me, if it doesn't work for you, who cares, transfer into something that does.

At the end of the day, if you can't handle biochemistry, quit *****ing about it to us and transfer. Either suck it up or shut up, but these threads get old reallllly fast.

But that just makes Kinesiology students a bunch of cowards who just want the easy way out. Once they get accepted into Medicine, they try to hide the fact that they did once pursue a degree in Kinesiology. I know this one guy who got accepted into medical school just this year, after completing his third year in Kinesiology. And then there's another guy who is working on his master's degree in Biochemistry, and he applied four times already, and never been accepted.

What's really unfair though, is that Kinesiology students can learn about the human body within 3 years. Biology students need to learn that same amount of content in only 1 hour!

If buddy from biochem hasn't got in, he's prob doing something wrong. If he really wants in, he should pursue something that will allow him to perform at the level he needs, clearly he isn't doing that (unless the problem is non-academic, and then the whole degree thing has no bearing).

...but these threads get old reallllly fast.

Not when I'm here... and given its a forum... anyone and everyone is free to voice their opinion... given I'm a massive f##king troll... I like to F##k with everyone here...

The problem mainly lies on the individuals ability... true that some degrees are harder than others... but it is mostly affected by your IQ... having a higher IQ would allow you to score much better on an easier program than a harder program...

Not when I'm here... and given its a forum... anyone and everyone is free to voice their opinion... given I'm a massive f##king troll... I like to F##k with everyone here...

The problem mainly lies on the individuals ability... true that some degrees are harder than others... but it is mostly affected by your IQ... having a higher IQ would allow you to score much better on an easier program than a harder program...

That's not true, one might have a very high IQ and do best in a hard program. The brightest math student at our school happens to be a close friend of mine, very intelligent, very high IQ, and I can guarantee he is doing better in math than he could do in ANY other program. Math is how he thinks, put him in an "easy" memory based psychology degree, and he would still pull a 4.0 but it would contain far less 100's, etc than he has gotten in his math degree.

Also, you're a ****ty troll. And this thread is already old, despite your presence.

Also, you're a ****ty troll. And this thread is already old, despite your presence.

Ouch that hurt... im not a ****ty troll... :(

Im not gonna argue with you... having argued with dokrbb... I somewhat had a resurgence of innocence within myself... I looked at the things I said to the person... and it made me feel inhumane... an animal... I felt bad... and as such I vowed to never insult others...

My purpose in this forum is to generate humor (and also bring upon chaos... cause b!tches love chaos... and I love b!tches)

Ouch that hurt... im not a ****ty troll... :(

Im not gonna argue with you... having argued with dokrbb... I somewhat had a resurgence of innocence within myself... I looked at the things I said to the person... and it made me feel inhumane... an animal... I felt bad... and as such I vowed to never insult others...

My purpose in this forum is to generate humor (and also bring upon chaos... cause b!tches love chaos... and I love b!tches)

Fair enough.

If buddy from biochem hasn't got in, he's prob doing something wrong. If he really wants in, he should pursue something that will allow him to perform at the level he needs, clearly he isn't doing that (unless the problem is non-academic, and then the whole degree thing has no bearing).

Biochemistry is very hard. I studied my a** off every single day and only got low 80s on the midterms and finals. The guy who majored in Kinesiology got 90s easily, and I know he never studied as much as me. The point is, an 89% average and a 93% average makes a huge difference as to whether one gets accepted into medical shool.

Biochemistry is very hard. I studied my a** off every single day and only got low 80s on the midterms and finals. The guy who majored in Kinesiology got 90s easily, and I know he never studied as much as me. The point is, an 89% average and a 93% average makes a huge difference as to whether one gets accepted into medical shool.

In that case, what you're doing wrong is taking a major that is too hard for you. I know all about biochemistry, like I've said before, I'm finishing up my honours degree in chemistry, I've taken biochemistry courses right up to the fourth year level, the last one I took was on synthetic drug design. I got an A+ in it, as I have with all of my biochem courses and five organic courses. Some people are good at certain things, ask me to pull a 4.0 in real analysis and I'd really struggle to do it, but my friend who got an A+ in that course easily gets me to help him with third year organic.

Point is (yet again), either suck it up, study harder, and get the grades you need, or transfer. Or don't get in. Your choice.

An 80% in biochemistry is considered a very good mark at my university. Not many biochemistry students can get that mark. How can you compare the GPA of a science student with the GPA of a kinesiology student? You can't. That's why I think the university should require everyone to write the MCAT. It's only fair. Apparently, Saskatchewan is the only medical school in Canada that does not require the MCAT for IP applicants.

No wonder the province's graduating medical school students score the lowest on the national exams.

An 80% in biochemistry is considered a very good mark at my university. Not many biochemistry students can get that mark. How can you compare the GPA of a science student with the GPA of a kinesiology student? You can't. That's why I think the university should require everyone to write the MCAT. It's only fair. Apparently, Saskatchewan is the only medical school in Canada that does not require the MCAT for IP applicants.

No wonder the college's graduating medical school students score the lowest on the national exams.

I believe NOSM doesn't require the MCAT for any applicants, and same with McGill for anyone who went to a Canadian university.. You should probably fact check.

Again though, I agree everyone should have to write the MCAT, I already said that. The fact of the matter is they DO compare these GPA's, if you don't like it, too effin bad. Either suck it up and do better, or transfer, it's really that simple. If it's "so hard" to get a good GPA in your program, you made a ****ty choice for a pre-med program. Change it, or accept that people will have an easier time. It's not a perfect system, but we all know how it works. Quit *****ing.

I decided to quit school next semester. I will apply to Kinesiology next year and start fresh next September.

In a way, I'm also really sad. I really love biochemistry. But it's just so hard to get a high GPA. That's the problem.

Hopefully kinesiology will boost my GPA and increase my chance of getting into medicine.

I decided to quit school next semester. I will apply to Kinesiology next year and start fresh next September.

In a way, I'm also really sad. I really love biochemistry. But it's just so hard to get a high GPA. That's the problem.

Hopefully kinesiology will boost my GPA and increase my chance of getting into medicine.

I hope it does so we don't have to hear any more threads about how unfair it is how easy everyone else has it. Alternatively, you could just suck it up if you love biochemistry that much.