Interview Invites (2013)

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timestamp and Format: Email, 1:16PM

Invite/Rejection: Invite!

cGPA: 3.7

VR Score: 12

How you felt the CASPER went: I had some major technical difficulties. My system skipped a whole section, and only showed me the questions for another. This was right at the beginning so I definitely felt a bit more tense during the first half!

In province or out of province: Out of province (NB represent!)

Current year: Post-grad

I honestly wasn't expecting to be invited after CASPer glitched on me, being OOP and all, but I can't say I'm complaining now!

Well... this is new.

Timestamp and Format: Snail-mail

Invite/Rejection: Waitlisted.

cGPA: ~3.8ish

VR Score: 11

How you felt the CASPER went: Barely average.

In province or out of province: IP

Currently year: Post-undergrad(?)

WAIT, WHAT???

you got WAITLISTED for an INTERVIEW? does that happen? You only heard via snail-mail? So am i correct in assuming that those of us without an email have some hope?

Yes, it does happen (happened last year as well). Only via snail-mail.

Can't believe I just registered on the forum this morning and I already get to post good news!!

Timestamp and Format: Email at 1:15pm and snail mail when I got home

Invite/Rejection: Invited :)

cGPA: 3.6

How you felt the CASPER went: Better than last year!

Currently year: Masters (in progress, course based)

As for the rejections, last year I got one in the mail a few days after some friends of mine got their invites. Maybe it's the same this year?

Timestamp and Format: Email, 1:16PM

cGPA: 3.7

How you felt the CASPER went: I had some major technical difficulties. My system skipped a whole section, and only showed me the questions for another. This was right at the beginning so I definitely felt a bit more tense during the first half!

In province or out of province: Out of province (NB represent!)

Current year: Post-grad

I honestly wasn't expecting to be invited after CASPer glitched on me, being OOP and all, but I can't say I'm complaining now!

Congrats!! fellow NB er, I wonder how many more of us there will be...:D

Invite/Rejection: Assumed rejection -No email/mail...

cGPA: 3.6

How you felt the CASPER went: Thought it went well. Gave very well rounded answers but answers were very short length-wise

In province or out of province: In

Currently year: 4th

There's always next year...

What's column D?

if then statement. I used it to determine if that row had a VR score of whatever and state a 1 for yes and 0 for no. I would add the numbers together at the end. beats counting by hand. I deleted the column now. Further questions, please comment on the other thread.

EDIT: SORRY FOR POSTING HERE MOD. IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TALK ABOUT THE STATS, PLEASE GO HERE: http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73305&page=11

We want this thread clean from spam so other applicants can have an easier time browsing through these pages. TY

Sorry I am late to post this, but I was working late and ever since I checked my email I've been kinda freaking out nonstop haha.

Timestamp and Format: Jan 23 @ 1:16PM via email (haven't checked my mail in a few days)

Invite/Rejection: Invited!!!

cGPA: 3.97

VR Score: 9

How you felt the CASPER went: I didn't really think it was anything special, but this was also my second time writing it so I knew what to expect.

Currently year: UG June/12

I'm beyond thrilled, I really didn't expect anything with only a 9. Congrats to everyone else!

INVITE!!!!!!!

Timestamp and Format: e-mail at 1:15pm (Canada time, I'm currently in NY)

Invite/Rejection: Invite!!!!!

cGPA: ~3.5ish.

How you felt the CASPER went: I didn't feel confident after completion since my nervousness

amplified (due to their technical issues during the first half) and remained at its peak till the very end.

In province or out of province: In (dual residency)

Currently year: Graduated (Honors BSc)

Now just waiting for Queen's.....

I'm also late to post this but have just been so excited!

Timestamp and Format: received email at 1:17 pm

Invite/Rejection: invite!!

cGPA: 3.92

How you felt the CASPER went: I honestly had no idea. All I can say is that I felt pretty calm throughout it and just tried to write as much as I could in the time limit. Literally had no clue how it went though.

Currently year: 3rd year undergrad

Super late post but I just go on my laptop now

Email Time stamp: 1:17

Invite/Rejection: Invite

cGPA: 3.97

VR: 10

CASPER: I had no idea, I just answered naturally and for questions I had no clue I just wrote I didn't have enough info. At the time I didn't know if it was a good idea but it looks like it worked out

IPO or OP: IP

Current year: 3rd year undergraduate

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE :) Lets hope all other med schools send out their invites earlier than expected ahaha

Timestamp and Format: Email (10:17:05 AM BC time)

Invite/Rejection: Invite

cGPA: 3.99 or 4.00 (not sure)

How you felt the CASPER went: I had some computer glitches, and overall felt that I did NOT do well. I was actually expecting a rejection based on my Casper experience.

In province or out of province: OP

Currently year: 4th

I hope this gives hope to applicants in the future that have a rough time with Casper and think they bombed it!

Amazing! Good luck with the rest.

Timestamp and Format: Jan 23 @ 1:13PM via email (mail is going to my parents' place)

Invite/Rejection: Invited!

cGPA: 3.72

VR Score: 10

How you felt the CASPER went: I thought it went terribly, I got cut off in the middle of one of my answers and wasn't expecting an invite at all.

Currently year: Year 4

Surprise to see anything this early, but exciting!

Timestamp and Format: Mail sometime yesterday, Email timestamped 1:11

cGPA: 3.88

How you felt the CASPER went: Decently well, although my typing speed hindered my third question of a few of the stations

Currently year: 4th year UG

I might as well add my info for future applicants reading here - I was too excited to post yesterday.

Timestamp and Format: E-mail, 1:11 yesterday. Haven't gotten my package in the mail yet.

cGPA: 3.67

How you felt the CASPER went: I felt REALLY good about it. I was nervous at first, but after the first video or two I really got into it - at one point, I looked over at my boyfriend and said I was actually having fun. I thought the videos and scenarios were great and really interesting, and I had a lot to say for each one. Hopefully the MMI goes the same!

Currently year: Second year MA so didn't get credit (have an HBSc undergrad)

See you all at interviews!

Invite/Rejection: Rejection

cGPA: ~3.97

How you felt the CASPER went: Terrible experience. Severe technical difficulties - every video froze, sections skipped, had to switch computers and re-do the system evaluation mid-test. Time window ran out before I completed it.

Current year: 3rd

IP

Timestamp and Format: Letter in the mail today (no e-mail)

Invite/Rejection: Rejection :(

cGPA: 3.81

How you felt the CASPER went: Horrible experience. Technical difficulties throughout the program, spent half my time on phone with tech team outlining issues - missed videos, frozen videos, skipped questions, questions without videos, etc. (really frustrated, because they said in the end it was fine, but obviously it hurt my chances)

Currently year: 4th year

Best of luck to those invited :)

Timestamp and Format: in the mail, picked it up at 3:00 today

Invite/Rejection: Wait List

cGPA: 3.94

How you felt the CASPER went: I thought it went terribly to be honest. I was on another continent in a busy internet cafe in a different time zone, so I was a little flustered. I thought my answers were awful and had technical problems in 2 sections. Thank goodness those sections were eliminated from my score.

Currently year: Graduated Honours BMSc June 2012

I am surprisingly happy about this - at least it's a slightly better result than last year! :)

Archived