Premed 101 Forums

Job Shadowing Nurses

Pink Tulip

Does anyone here know if it is legal to job shadow nurses in Canada provided we do not have liability insurance? I know that it is not possible for MDs and was wondering if it was the same for nurses. I don't have 6-12 months free to devote my time every week to volunteer (never have since I'm an up and about student who never stays in one place), so I'd love to job shadow but am unsure if this is even possible.

Does anyone here know if it is legal to job shadow nurses in Canada provided we do not have liability insurance? I know that it is not possible for MDs and was wondering if it was the same for nurses. I don't have 6-12 months free to devote my time every week to volunteer (never have since I'm an up and about student who never stays in one place), so I'd love to job shadow but am unsure if this is even possible.

The closest I've heard of is someone I know volunteers in the emerg basically helping out nurses. He used to work there doing something similar. So maybe ask at a local hospital and see what they say. I don't know the specifics of what he does there.

Archived