Premed 101 Forums

Official 2006 NHL Playoffs thread!

Guest noncestvrai

Guest noncestvrai

I don't know how the other thread ended in the other gen. premed forum...anyhow.

Talk about the playoffs here!

Go Habs Go

:P

noncestvrai

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kosmo14

Canucks fan here, but since they aren't good enough to make the post season I will have to cheer for the closest team to home, the Oilers

Guest treehuggingbiologist

GO SENS GO!

(i'll also support the Oilers, Flames and Habs because the Stanley Cup belongs in Canada!... until the Sens play them, and them all bets are off! )>:

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Go Flames!

I gotta go with treehuggingbio and say right now I'm rooting for all the CDN teams . . . but if sens and flames meet in the final, then we gotta part ways. :)

Guest geekpunk

Oilers all the way.

But if Pittsburgh was still around, I'd be cheering for them... (c'mon now, Sidney Crosby is from Nova Scotia) :P

And since I don't feel like studying for this last exam or being a facebook whore, here are my predictions for the entire 1st round:

Sens over Tampa in 6 (Too much firepower from Ottawa)

Buffalo over Philly in 5 (Sabres are too fast for overrated Flyers)

New Jersey over New York in 4 (Devils are too much and Brodeur always shines in the Playoffs)

Habs over 'Canes in 6 (Huet will carry them)

Oilers over Detroit in 7 (crossing fingers here!)

Colorado over Dallas in 6 (upset!)

San Jose over Nashville in 6 (Thornton + Cheechoo are too good of a combo)

Ducks over Flames in 7 (sorry Calgary, I love'em too, but who can score other than Iginla this year?!)

Guest silverjelly86

I feel the same way about the Flames. I mean, they're a great team and I think they gel, and Kiprusoff is an awesome goalie. Phaneuf is great when he was a good game, but the team on a whole has a problem scoring. If they get over two goals in a game, it's a rarity. Even Iginla seems to be having a bit of a scoring drought, even though he has so much more potential. :lol

As geekpunk said:

Sens over Tampa in 5 (As long as Ottawa keeps it together, and Emery doesn't crack in another game they'll annihilate TB)

Buffalo over Philly in 5 (Unless Philly can crush Buffalo and slow them down significantly, Buffalo'll be laughing. Like tonight 8-2 buffalo)

New Jersey over New York in 4 (The playoffs are always about goalies, and Brodeur is the best [arguably] right now)

Habs or 'Canes in 7 (Same as above. Its gonna be tough and comes down to how well Huet plays. Since there aren't any shootouts, it'll go down to who can score in overtime - they're pretty evenly matched otherwise)

Oilers over Detroit in 7 (I agree - the Oilers are gonna fight hard for this one - and i don't expect Detroit to walk away with this series)

Colorado over Dallas in 6 (Seriously - what do they know about ice in Dallas?)

San Jose over Nashville in 6 (If Thornton keeps up the leadership he's done so far - the SJ'll take it)

Flames over Ducks in 7 (Going the full length of the series again - the Flames have a lot of heart, and fueled by their performance last season should have more confidence than they do)

I just hope the Sens get their act together -if they do, then once the second round starts, i'm growing my playoffs beard out! :rollin

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Didn't know that they had shootouts in the playoffs. Must be after the 5th overtime period or something.

Best of luck!

Timmy

Oh really? I didn't know that - I assumed they'd keep the shootouts rather than play a ton of overtime periods. My bad.

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

Fortunately, the league has dispensed with the shootouts for the playoffs and hopefully will never introduce them as a way to settle playoff games. It's much better to let the teams decide the games themselves as teams, rather than individuals. Having just watched two games in overtime last night, I can say that overtime is ten times more exciting than any shootout, although I wish that they wouldn't call so many of the cheaper penalties in overtime.

Good on the Habs for taking down Carolina...again!

Best of luck!

Timmy

Guest DoNair

Marathon OT games are the most exciting part of playoff hockey. I like the shootout in regular season games but it has no place in the playoffs.

Here are my predicitons:

West

-Oilers over Wings in 7 (Yeah baby!)

-Avs over Stars in 5 (wtf happened to Dallas?)

-Ducks over Flames in 6 (Calgary licks! If Kiprusoff lets in more than 1 goal they can't win b/c Calgary has no offense. FLAMES SUCK! 2004 was a FLUKE!)

-Sharks over Preds in 6 (Moose Factory must be proud)

East

-Sens over Bolts in 6

-Habs over Canes in 5

-Devils over Rangers in 4

-Sabres over Flyers in 4

Guest TheChosenOneDDS

predictions:

West

Flames -6 don't messs with the power of Kippy

Wings - 6 or 7They are #1 and will show

Sharks - 6 my dark horse

Avs - 4 -5, dallas sucks...Dallas is spelled CHOKE

East

Sens - 6 no prob..

Habs - 4 Huet!

Devils - 4 Rangers no jagr = suck

Sabres - 7 it will be close, Forsberg = clutch sabres are the only team that won both games at home, hence no sweep here. Forsberg will wake up but not enough. Sabres are for real

2nd round

Wing vs. Avs

Classic but I like underdogs and history. Avalanche have a better goalie. Avs in 6. Detroit = ChOKE.

Sharks vs. Flames

How about those Sharks? THey are better than they stand. Kipursoff is the X-factor. Flames in 7.

Sen vs. Habs

Habs will continue to win because of a balanced attack and the key..HUET. Sens are too strong upfront but they will fail to score against HUET. Habs will play like nothing to lose.

Sens are also hurt, their defence is crippled. Full team Sens all the way, but without them..done.

Habs in 7

Devils vs. Sabres

Sabres are for real but Devils are the hottest team. Brodeur is the man. Cannot beat experience.

Devils in 5

Conference.

Devils vs. Habs

Devils have something Habs do not have...experience. Devils in 6 or 7

Avs vs. Flames

This one is hard. Both teams are good on paper. I like to say Flames though, but the Avalanche are a hot team as well. They have a lot of fire power and their goalie is sick. Kipursoff is the best goalie in the NHL.

Avs in 7.

Finals;

Avalanche vs. Devils...

Rematch of 2003 or 2002 forgot, Colorado will take the cup. 7 games. (NOTE, if Habs make the finals, HABS ALL THE WAY)

Archived